The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Warming predictions changing

2 posters

Go down

Global Warming predictions changing Empty Global Warming predictions changing

Post by melodiccolor Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Dialing Back the Alarm on Climate Change A forthcoming report points lowers estimates on global warming (link)

I've steadily maintained that the dire predictions for global warming that have been made and widely publicized did not match my sensing of what was going on. Now this report comes somewhat closer to what my sense tells me. My feeling is the change will be near the bottom of the prediction range of this new report even.

The assumptions on which they based their initial reports are proving to be in error and they admit there are still major unknown factors that can change everything.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Global Warming predictions changing Empty Re: Global Warming predictions changing

Post by tigerlily Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 am

Before swallowing the article as a truth, one should be critical about the source that reports the message. There are some instances that like to publish so called contrarians' views now on the eve of publishing the 5th report of the IPCC.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2013/may/23/matt-ridley-climate-change-scepticism-risk

I'd like to hear you views and what you sense is telling you, melodiccolor, about the subject. The more I read about it, the more I think the 'truth' is veiled behind vested interests. Share your views/opinions, guys. Smile
tigerlily
tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Global Warming predictions changing Empty Re: Global Warming predictions changing

Post by melodiccolor Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Both authors are claiming the high ground. But I am going by my own intuition and sensing, not by what is being written. My internal sense is we are indeed warming, but not 80% of it is being caused by our species as is being ascertained in the article you posted. My sense is it is closer to 25% if that much and there are longer term cyclic processes going on naturally as well. This means there are natural balancing mechanisms too that will mitigate results. My sense is that because the earth and global climate is essentially a chaotic state with infinite variables, there are key factors being missed or misinterpreted in all the science models; certain assumptions being made that will prove to be incorrect. The overall warming will be less dire than expected is my sense of things.

I am less concerned with economic impact and more with ecological impact and my sense is that the earth has adapted to wild climatic swings and it will this time. Any change, no matter how small always has a large economic impact and change is inevitable.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum