The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you who use facebook...

+3
tezorian
melodiccolor
Samt03
7 posters

Go down

For those of you who use facebook... Empty For those of you who use facebook...

Post by Samt03 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Article may be a bit... paranoid, but it is alarming Facebook is doing this with quotes and such.

Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

The reports are absolutely true. Facebook suspended the Natural News account earlier today after we posted an historical quote from Mohandas Gandhi. The quote reads:

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

This historical quote was apparently too much for Facebook's censors to bear. They suspended our account and gave us a "final warning" that one more violation of their so-called "community guidelines" would result in our account being permanently deactivated.

They then demanded we send them a color copy of a "government issued identification" in order to reactivate our account. Our account was removed from suspension just minutes before InfoWars posted its article on this Facebook censorship, and the Facebook page is now functioning at:
www.Facebook.com/NaturalNews

This is a separate account from our primary Facebook account, which has nearly 250,000 followers at:
www.Facebook.com/HealthRanger

Logic is an enemy and history is a menace
That Facebook would choose to disable our account after we posted a Gandhi quote is incredibly shocking. The historical rise of oppressed Indian people against tyrannical British rule is apparently no longer allowed to be discussed on Facebook. The very IDEA of a free people overcoming tyrannical government rule now "violates community guidelines." The removal of this content is akin to online book burning and the destruction of history.

This post was not in any way malicious, nor encouraging violence, nor even describing guns or the Second Amendment. It merely reflected the words of one of our world's most celebrated rebel leaders who helped an entire nation throw off the shackles of oppression and British occupation. That Facebook would find this to "violate community guidelines" is nothing short of absolutely bewildering.

Here is the full image as originally posted on Facebook. Keep in mind that THIS is now considered unacceptable speech across the "Facebook community," where any number of people can openly call for the murder of the NRA president and have absolutely no action taken against them:

InfoWars.com is also now reporting that Facebook is running an across-the-board PURGE of pro-gun accounts. A huge number of accounts are all being systematically disabled or suspended, with all content being wiped clean.

We have entered the era of the Ministry of Truth from George Orwell's 1984 novel. And while Facebook assaults the First Amendment in America, Senator Feinstein is busy assaulting the Second.

Facebook declares war on human history
What's especially alarming about all this is that Gandhi himself was of course a champion of resistance against tyranny. To banish quotes from Gandhi is much like banning quotes of freedom from Martin Luther King (who also openly supported concealed firearms, by the way, and who personally owned an entire "arsenal" of firearms).

What's next? Will Facebook ban quotes by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington? Any and all patriots, founding fathers and liberty lovers throughout history might soon be stricken from the Facebook servers, and any who dare to post historical quotes supporting liberty, the Bill of Rights, or the Second Amendment risk having their accounts terminated and all content deleted.

Collectivist propaganda has now reached a point where you can't even discuss liberty or anything out of history that supported the right to keep and bear arms. You are required to stay focused solely on celebrity gossip, sports stars, fashion distractions and tabloid garbage. Anyone who wishes to discuss actual American history must now go underground and speak softly in dimly-lit rooms, behind secret walls and drawn curtains.

The era of total oppression and collectivist mind control has fully arrived in America. This is not hyperbole... IT IS HERE NOW.

Memorize this quote, because it too shall soon be purged from the internet:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.

Dare to post that on Facebook and you risk your account being disabled or deleted.

Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

Link: http://www.alipac.us/f9/facebook-bans-gandhi-pro-gun-quote-269483/
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

For those of you who use facebook... Empty Re: For those of you who use facebook...

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

The only way to verify this is to set up an open group to discuss human rights and empires on FB, use such quotes and see what happens.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

For those of you who use facebook... Empty Re: For those of you who use facebook...

Post by Samt03 Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Well if what they say is true... I have a friend who posts pro gun stuff all the time, along with others that post anti-gov stuff, I'm gonna wait and see if they get their accounts suspended.
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes, and post here please what happens.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:09 pm

I've already read at least one other report on censorship gone bad. They want to have it as easy as possible, so they can earn as much as possible. It's not quality they're after.

But thanks for sharing, i shared it too.
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 am

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here a little . . . Twisted Evil

1. Facebook is a PRIVATE (publicly traded on the stock market) Company, not a government entity. If I go to your private home and put a sign in your front yard that you don't like, you are allowed to take it down. If FB is too restrictive there are other ways to get your message out, alternative social media (Reddit for example).

2. Regarding comments about FB making money . . . yes, they are. So they probably aren't going to change things unless enough members take their online social interaction elsewhere or they begin to lose advertisers.

3. Since FB is about money and I agree they want everything to be as easy as possible, I think the majority of the time when things are taken down it is based more on the number of complaints they get regarding a particular page's content vs. any real policing they do. I don't think they have enough people to troll all the pages and catch things themselves.

4. If FB was doing across the board censoring, especially of pro-gun pages, then I would think these two sights would have been the first to go:

FACEBOOK NRA PAGE

FACEBOOK GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA

5. I have read reports of FB censoring other things, for example breastfeeding - FACEBOOK CENSORS BREASTFEEDING PHOTOS

There are tons of other examples, but you all know how to use Google. FB has guidelines, but from what I can see they are not enforced evenly across the board and they have basically given a lot of power to people who are easily offended and don't have anything better to do than flag posts and get their friends to flag posts until action is taken. I'm not saying that FB isn't behind some bannings or removals, but I think that is a low percentage then what people think.

It amazes me how people claim to believe in "free speech" when what they really mean is they believe in "their free speech".
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 am

Just saw this, it kinda goes with the topic.

New Facebook Friend Status
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Reamsie, that link just opened on my page on my wall. Can you tell us what the new Facebook friend status is about?

Yes, it is true they are a private entity, but then so are all the other places people go on the net. What if Google started putting restrictions on what shows up in search engines to please advertisers similar to what hosts do to free forums? Or other large private platforms? The internet would suddenly be a lot less uncensored and free.

By simply responding to numerous complaints by those who are for censorship, FB can be very unfair and capricious. But then people will simply start to go elsewhere once the problem gets big enough and it will cost FB money. Perhaps then they will have some kind of screening process about the complaints.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:59 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Reamsie, that link just opened on my page on my wall. Can you tell us what the new Facebook friend status is about?

Here ya go Very Happy :

For those of you who use facebook... 994269_680704678625655_894108309_n_zps083d18e2

melodiccolor wrote:Yes, it is true they are a private entity, but then so are all the other places people go on the net. What if Google started putting restrictions on what shows up in search engines to please advertisers similar to what hosts do to free forums? Or other large private platforms? The internet would suddenly be a lot less uncensored and free.

I didn't say that I agreed with it, that's why I pointed out that until users and advertisers start leaving, it probably won't make much of a difference.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:19 pm

LOL about the CIA. Too funny.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 am

Facebook just opened up a server hall here in Luleå. More than 10,000+ servers fueling enough electricity to power 2 normal big swedish cities. 

To be honest though, I think Google and Facebook seriously believes they don't want to do anything bad with the data. Still, if the authorities call them up and ask them to help with national security, are they really allowed to say no?
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

anarkandi wrote:Facebook just opened up a server hall here in Luleå. More than 10,000+ servers fueling enough electricity to power 2 normal big swedish cities. 

To be honest though, I think Google and Facebook seriously believes they don't want to do anything bad with the data. Still, if the authorities call them up and ask them to help with national security, are they really allowed to say no?
They have in the past of a missing child in the US.

I can't find that link, but here, have a link where they refused to release information to the authorities in a murder case: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/01/facebook_argues_to_protect_use.html There are other issues of things like that happening with facebook.

I can't say for sure if they think their doing anything bad with the date, but selling it to 3rd party advertisers? That's not exactly a nice thing to do ether.
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:31 am

Yes, I was quite disappointed to have my cell phone number shared with a spammer! It was only connected to my account for about 2 minutes before I deleted it, and now about four days later I am getting spam texts! Shame on you Facebook!
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Bumping this up cause it's in regards to facebook stuffs.

Facebook is now pushing threw a policy change that would allow them to use your pictures, private or not, as well as written text you post anywhere on the site as advertisements both on facebook as well as off.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-site-governance/10153167395945301
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by ohmarow-conco-tanoychie Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 am

Well im fucked XD i saw your second post sam and yeah now i really feel the love.  Its like your waiting for my FB to be banned so i can return pissed off at the world and rase hell all over FB like an angry little troll who's bridge was taken away but guess what its not happening nope not me ... WHERES MY GOD DAMN MUFFENS For those of you who use facebook... 518128 LOL
ohmarow-conco-tanoychie
ohmarow-conco-tanoychie

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 pm

ohmarow-conco-tanoychie wrote:Well im fucked XD i saw your second post sam and yeah now i really feel the love.  Its like your waiting for my FB to be banned so i can return pissed off at the world and rase hell all over FB like an angry little troll who's bridge was taken away but guess what its not happening nope not me ... WHERES MY GOD DAMN MUFFENS :pissedoff:LOL
I was talking about my mother in law actually For those of you who use facebook... 3087761004 
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by ohmarow-conco-tanoychie Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 am

Samt03 wrote:
ohmarow-conco-tanoychie wrote:Well im fucked XD i saw your second post sam and yeah now i really feel the love.  Its like your waiting for my FB to be banned so i can return pissed off at the world and rase hell all over FB like an angry little troll who's bridge was taken away but guess what its not happening nope not me ... WHERES MY GOD DAMN MUFFENS :pissedoff:LOL
I was talking about my mother in law actually For those of you who use facebook... 3087761004 
open mouth insert foot XD
ohmarow-conco-tanoychie
ohmarow-conco-tanoychie

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:33 am

Linku: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/facebook-saves-everything-you-type--even-if-you-dont-publish-it-20131214-2zdk0.html#ixzz2ndsQS4ra

Facebook saves everything you type - even if you don't publish it

It turns out the things you explicitly choose not to share aren't entirely private, writes Jennifer Golbeck.
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:54 am

Which goes to emphasize the point "once it's out there, it's out there." You can't get it back.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

For those of you who use facebook... Empty OK, Facebook's newest idea 0.o

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Facebook Microphone Update To Store Data: Social Media Giant Confirms New Feature Will Aggregate Information (link)

Facebook Microphone Update To Store Data: Social Media Giant Confirms New Feature Will Aggregate Information
By Anthony Smith
on May 22 2014 4:50 PM

On the same day that Facebook touted sweeping new efforts to protect users’ privacy, the company confirmed that it plans to save data captured by smartphone microphones, potentially enabling the social media giant to listen in on private conversations.

In a press release issued Wednesday, Facebook announced a forthcoming app update in which a new feature uses the phone's microphone to capture sounds in the user's environment, then identifies the song, movie or television show the user is watching based on what it hears. Once the sound is ID'd, users have the option to share it as a visual component of their posts.

Though Facebook assured that "no sound is stored,” the company acknowledged to International Business Times that it does intend to archive the data gleaned.

The company did not discuss whether it plans to use the same feature to gather data from other sounds heard by the microphone, such as users' discussions about their medications or their children.

Though Facebook noted that it intends to make such data anonymous, the sheer scale of its network -- 1.2 billion users worldwide -- renders such information a veritable treasure trove for, say, advertisers keen to study the tastes and inclinations of the public at large. Facebook did not respond to IBTimes’ question on whether it intends to sell the data to third parties.

The disclosure that Facebook has designs on gaining access to smartphone microphones seems certain to open up a new front in the volatile debate over privacy. Already, tech companies find new ways to track user behavior, and there is increasing unease in the U.S. and around the world over the extent of data harvesting by the National Security Agency.

Though the press release stressed that no sound is stored when Facebook accesses your microphone, company spokeswoman MoMo Zhao said: "If a match is successfully made, the data is saved, but all data is anonymized and aggregated."

In other words, Facebook does store data via the new feature-- it just doesn't store whatever data it collects as sound, and it does not link the data to the user.

Facebook declined to say whether it collects data when no match is made from the sounds captured.

This confirmation comes the same day Facebook introduced major policy changes that address concerns of user privacy. Early Thursday, the company announced it would give a privacy checkup to every Facebook user and also change users’ default privacy status so that only a user’s friends will have access to his or her posts.

These efforts come just months after Facebook was implicated as one of the companies that received millions of dollars for working with the National Security Agency’s PRISM, a wide-scale public electronic data surveillance program. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg initially denied involvement with the program.

melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samt03 Wed May 28, 2014 11:18 pm

If they do that, I wonder how far off it is for them to tape into users webcams/mics to record sound 'for posts' as well.
Samt03
Samt03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down