The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness?

3 posters

Go down

Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness? Empty Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness?

Post by Reamsie Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

I was in chat a few days ago with frmthhrt. We were having a discussion about our jobs. I of course was focusing on the negative (crazy boss). When I finished he said to me words to the effect (since I didn't save the conversation) "I really like my job. I feel guilty saying it." I was floored. I was so happy to hear that he was happy, but at the same time I made him feel guilty about it.

Do you think more often than not that people today tend to put more focus/emphasis thus spending more time on the negative/uhhappy rather than the positive/ aspects of their lives? And if so, why?

I think on this board, for example we have a really good balance. I have no hard and fast data on this (sorry I didn't go back through and count LOL) but it appears that most of our members share just as much of the good as they do the bad. But I tend to find in my RL dealings with people that it leans more toward the negative.Very Happy

It seems though not matter what the subject job, relationship, money etc. that a person will almost always relate the negative or the bad. Almost as an automatic response to the rest of the group. Happiness is equated with complacence. It's uninteresting or boring. If your happy you must not have any problems at all or have not experienced difficulty.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness? Empty Re: Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness?

Post by RBM Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Reamsie wrote:But I tend to find in my RL dealings with people that it leans more toward the negative.

As I understand this is an entry-level reality compared to other physical realities, for 'higher selves'. As such there are aspects to the makeup of this reality, such as physical constraints, called physics in this case, or feedback like getting mad and spouting off in someone else's face likely does not result in a smile and a handshake.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness? Empty Re: Do People Tend to Focus More on Unhappiness or Happiness?

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm

The question I would ask myself in my own dealings of negative people what in me attracts me to that space....Am I an observer of others and regardless of what they bring to me and stay centred and enjoy my life and work otherwise..Or am I miserable and negative with them?

How we respond to negative people says alot about how negative we might be in ourselvses...especially if its ingrained patterns that we use to cope with from past patterns..Sometimes our heavy underhanded ways can bring these people to our space..so we get to use that side of ourselves that likes to be seen and heard......but I think I would rather break free from that than have to deal constantly with negativity Like a Star @ heaven
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm

As I read back my last post..I realized that even when we may use heavy underhanded ways to cope with those patterns..their are less noticeable ways that we respond to the world's negativiety...I call them subtle manipulation of energy in ourselves.....we do not make it obvious to what we really see and feel.........so we use subtle ways to keep our inner reactions to that negativity in play...

The subtle ways are less obvious, but once you address them in yourself after being on the receiving end, you see how painful it can be and feel.

Many hsp use subtle ways to meet their needs. Subtle manipulation of their pain and energy as one, can lead to a life of misery.

The only way out of such a space is to face your own subtletites of pain...that play out in ways we are so used to using and sharing with the world around us.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down