The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The realm of "Not yet"'s.

4 posters

Go down

The realm of "Not yet"'s. Empty The realm of "Not yet"'s.

Post by anarkandi Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Lately, I've been made aware of a few things, firstly, the limitations I face in lacking experience, knowledge, and skill in the areas I'm pursuing currently. I call it the realm of "Not yet". I also, at the same time, have to deal with the expectations of people around me - people expect me to know and to deliver. I tell them it is not that simple, in the realm of no, there is no sure answer, we can't know exactly, and sometimes we don't, and then it's important not to try to force an answer, but rather to seek it out.

I think I've gone from knowing I am naive in thinking I know, to realising I am naive in thinking I know. I am more so a philosopher, than a sophist, someone who likes to know, and is curious, rather than one that knows and tells people what they know.

This has been highly relieving. I can't answer your question yet, I will entertain it, but if I am unsure I will be ok with being unsure, and rather expanding to let people teach me more.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

The realm of "Not yet"'s. Empty Re: The realm of "Not yet"'s.

Post by Dreamspace Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 pm

If you realize you don't know but are trying to find out, then it's just a matter of time until you do. But no matter how much you learn, there'll always be new frontiers. It's less dull that way, anyhow.
Dreamspace
Dreamspace

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 pm

You're learning to live with the mystery...it's much more fun that way. Along the way you will acquire alot of answers but won't need to know it all and you'll just share honestly what you know, what you don't and yes, it is lovely not to meet other's expectations.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 am

Thinking some more on it, this realm isn't as much a realm of being uncertain, as a realm of being patient, finding a focus you didn't have as much before, which allows you to survive longer in tasks and endeavours, going deeper into them, doing things that are boring or time-consuming, because they give you rewards. What I've found isn't expanded openness, as much as it is expanded patience and focus.

The extent of anxiety I've been feeling recently, which I deal with by self-trust, may be a result of being in this state, fighting the restless pursuit of wanting things now-- learning to trust they will come, and that I am fine, even if they aren't here yet.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Riana Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm going through something similar, Anark. Learning to trust that results will come at the right moment, and that I will know what to do when the time is ready.

As for feeling that you lack knowledge in your field, why not study psychology at university? Yes, your ideas are original and new, but if you can back them up with a degree, and more traditional knowledge, you might feel more free and capable to pursue what you're working on, and people would have to take you seriously (not that what people think should be your main drive of course).

I really see a lot of potential in your ideas, and they are definitely worth developing! If you can incorporate some inner lessons about patience and trust as you go along, so much the better! Smile
Riana
Riana

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Riana wrote:I'm going through something similar, Anark. Learning to trust that results will come at the right moment, and that I will know what to do when the time is ready.

As for feeling that you lack knowledge in your field, why not study psychology at university? Yes, your ideas are original and new, but if you can back them up with a degree, and more traditional knowledge, you might feel more free and capable to pursue what you're working on, and people would have to take you seriously (not that what people think should be your main drive of course).

I really see a lot of potential in your ideas, and they are definitely worth developing! If you can incorporate some inner lessons about patience and trust as you go along, so much the better! Smile

Yes, I'm doing this, right now, been reading extensively, and been diving harder into things, to ensure they are done right. I don't think I'll be done with what I'm doing until in a few years, this is just the beginning scratches in stone, before the sculpture has been carved out fully.
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

anarkandi wrote:Thinking some more on it, this realm isn't as much a realm of being uncertain, as a realm of being patient, finding a focus you didn't have as much before, which allows you to survive longer in tasks and endeavours, going deeper into them, doing things that are boring or time-consuming, because they give you rewards. What I've found isn't expanded openness, as much as it is expanded patience and focus.

The extent of anxiety I've been feeling recently, which I deal with by self-trust, may be a result of being in this state, fighting the restless pursuit of wanting things now-- learning to trust they will come, and that I am fine, even if they aren't here yet.

Basically this is trusting the process to lead you where you need to be. It allows that patience and focus, to enjoy the way there.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum