The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working for yourself and others as an HSP

+2
anarkandi
melodiccolor
6 posters

Go down

Working for yourself and others as an HSP Empty Working for yourself and others as an HSP

Post by melodiccolor Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:31 pm

http://denmarkguy.hubpages.com/hub/HSP-Work-Self-Employment

I really like this article!  I've worked for myself for years and he's really laid it all out well.  One thing I never considered and I really like is the idea of patchwork economics;  that would suit many HSPs particularly well.

Please note that in this thread are 2 other related parts to this;  one has to do with finding a good job and the other with generating ideas on what to do, getting creative in finding the right area:
https://healdove.com/mental-health/HSP-Topics-Work-and-the-Highly-Sensitive-Person
https://hubpages.com/health/HSP-Work-Find-Your-Calling-for-Highly-Sensitive-Person

Last edited by melodiccolor on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Working for yourself and others as an HSP Empty Re: Working for yourself and others as an HSP

Post by anarkandi Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:02 am

This was great motivation for me. I love his blogs!
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Working for yourself and others as an HSP Empty Re: Working for yourself and others as an HSP

Post by Zen Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 am

(bookmarks for long read later)
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Pretty good article...echoes what I have found over the years- as an employee, and self-employed; and the multipath income idea is what I had intended to pursue until I landed my dream job...
I will probably still pursue those paths in the future for fun and "retirement planning".
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Denmarkguy Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks for your kind words!

I've been self-employed for a long time... and along the way I found that "patchwork economics" work really well for me. I have little short span of attention, and having several micro-businesses allows me to "distract myself with work," by simply switching from one useful area to another... if you have ADD-ish tendencies, it works pretty well. Very Happy

~Peter
Denmarkguy
Denmarkguy

http://innerreflections.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 am

Denmarkguy wrote:Thanks for your kind words!

I've been self-employed for a long time... and along the way I found that "patchwork economics" work really well for me. I have little short span of attention, and having several micro-businesses allows me to "distract myself with work," by simply switching from one useful area to another... if you have ADD-ish tendencies, it works pretty well. Very Happy

~Peter

I wish it wasn't my thing, because if I could just go hardcore into something, it'd be so great.. but I can't, so I'm stuck with leaving small traces of great wherever I go. ^^

I like to say my hobby is life, because then I can obsessively pursue life and all of it's exciting, fun stuff. People may say I'm a bit scattered, but what are they talking about? There's only one thing that's important to me, and that's life. :>

So are you constantly distracted, or do you get time where you allow yourself to just zone down and get something down perfectly?
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Another in Denmarkguy's series of articles about HSP and working called Find Your True Calling which goes over how to find it and make it a reality. For both those who choose to work for others and those who choose self employment, this article is very helpful.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Denmarkguy Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 pm

This one took a little more time to figure out... perhaps (at least to me) the most significant part of the article on finding your "calling" is that sometimes you have to reinvent your entire life in order to pursue your calling.

For me, that meant new friends, selling my house, changing my lifestyle, changing how I even "looked" at work... and it was a process that took a number of years. Maybe where we sometimes run into trouble is with our impetuousness... and "wanting it NOW."

Patience is important.
~Peter
Denmarkguy
Denmarkguy

http://innerreflections.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Peter, that ties in with recent chats we've had of wanting it NOW versus trusting the process and trusting ourselves that it will all work out. Once we do, really anything is possible. You took that leap of ultimate faith and now you shine as an example for others to follow!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Denmarkguy wrote:This one took a little more time to figure out... perhaps (at least to me) the most significant part of the article on finding your "calling" is that sometimes you have to reinvent your entire life in order to pursue your calling.

For me, that meant new friends, selling my house, changing my lifestyle, changing how I even "looked" at work... and it was a process that took a number of years. Maybe where we sometimes run into trouble is with our impetuousness... and "wanting it NOW."

Patience is important.
~Peter

You bring to light how at the surface levels it all ties into the deeper level...transformation in that way brings about a total change at all levels...that reinvention in my eyes is a natural part of the process of transformation that will allign itself naturally if we are not to attached at any given level...of that change..

So sometimes when face and let go of the deeper levels...one dosent have to work at reinventing oneself..it just evolves naturally as one with the deeper level of change.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Here is the link to the first article: Work and the Highly Sensitive Person, part 1 It covers more traditional employment and what HSP deal with as well as some solutions.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Denmarkguy has just updated his article on HSP Topics: Work and the Highly Sensitive Person-- Self Employment. (Note to Internet Explorer issues, the new editor is still not fully integrated with that browser so where to click on the link may not show. Click on the title.)
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anarkandi Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I was brainstorming heavily today, but I still haven't found a good company idea. But I feel I'm getting closer. Patchwork economics reduces stress alot. Being self employed and self sustaining seems to be an important goal for me. Smile
anarkandi
anarkandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum