The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people?

3 posters

Go down

Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people? Empty Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people?

Post by Nucky Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Yesterday I just found out about Eric Clapton's hate speech about "wogs" that he made in a concert in 1976. People brush it off by saying that he was drunk and that it was prompted by a Saudi making a pass on his wife, but Clapton neither apologized for the speech nor attempted to clear up what he meant and didn't mean by it nor owned up to being a racist.

I didn't know anything about this until yesterday, and I'm pretty shocked by it. I always was a fan of Clapton and I still do like his music, but I don't quite see it in the same way anymore.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people? Empty Re: Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people?

Post by Idol Hands Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:11 pm

he and other celebrities are just humans who happen to get some extra attention and when one gets extra attention one's flaws are more visible. we humans can sure be unpleasant sometimes. oh well.
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Back to top Go down

Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people? Empty Re: Are there any musicians or artists you like as artists but dislike as people?

Post by Samt03 Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:58 am

I honestly try to never like or dislike someone unless I actually know them. The same goes for singers, actors, and the like.

I can appreciate something they do, like helping out people that need it, or disagree with an option they have, but that never causes me to like/dislike them. They provide a service I enjoy, so I pay them for it, nothing more nothing less.

My reason for this is simple, there are always multiple sides to every story, more so in the case of 'famous' people. Media may say one thing, they may publicly say something else, but the truth may be a whole other story they choose to hide for whatever reason. I don't like judging someone when I only have part of the facts.
Samt03
Samt03

https://www.amazon.com/author/showndraridge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum