The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sci Fi Fans

4 posters

Go down

For Sci Fi Fans Empty For Sci Fi Fans

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 am

So I found out that sci fi is being revised in a huge way on TV this summer; I expect to get a whole years of recordings from the next 3 months. Here is a schedule of what is coming; note this is USA channels and times (and Eastern Standard Times). You'll need to look online for channels and times in your country.

Playing now:
Dr Who on BBCA, began on 4/23
Sanctuary on ScyFy, began on 4/15

Upcoming:
Eureka, scyfy, mon 7/11
Terra Nova (new) Fox 5/23 They postponed until fall.
Torchwood, Starz tba summer
Warehouse 13, scyfy 7/11
Primeval BBCA, tba, likely July
Alphas (new) scyfy 7/11
Legend Quest (new) scyfy 7/13
Outcasts (new) BBCA sat, 6/18
The Nine Lives of Chloe King (new) ABC Family 6/14
Falling Skies (new) TNT premier 6/19, series on sundays
Haven scyfy fri 7/15

That's all of it. See futoncritic.com for reviews and details.

Last edited by melodiccolor on Mon May 23, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

For Sci Fi Fans Empty Re: For Sci Fi Fans

Post by BlueTopaz Sun May 22, 2011 9:24 am

Pretty cool!
Thanks MC.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Please note, networks are nortorious for changing schedules, so check the above one for changes. I just found out Terra Nova has been postponed until fall.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, I've sampled 3 of the new sci fi shows. Two, Outcasts and Falling Skies, I can't recommend. Outcasts evidentally is full of morally conflicted characters, plot holes and it was cancelled by BBC in the UK after the first 8 episodes. Yet they premiered it here. Falling Skies is a heart breakingly dark series about surviving an occupying, overwhelmingly powerful army bent on scorched earth policies. The army are alien, but it is essentially a war series where humans have already lost.

The 9 Lives of Chloe King I am not sure of yet. My good friend really likes it, but I find the underlying story to be too lightweight; more a game player concept than actual story line. The actors are likable and it moves ok, so I'll watch a bit more.

Returning shows I can recommend are Eureka, Haven (a Stephen King mystery), and Warehouse 13. Sanctuary and Dr. Who are done for now, both very good shows.

That's it so far.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I can highly recommend Torchwood. Russell T. Davies is still writing it and it has been fabulous so far! The plot Miracle Day, suddenly a world where nobody is dying, well nobody except our awesome and up until now seemingly immortal Captain Jack Harkness who suddenly finds he is the sole mortal among us. Bill Pullman (from Independance Day) is giving a wonderfully creepy performance as a convicted child murderer who survived his execution because of Miracle Day. Imagine the normally 300,000 people who die everyday not dying and add the 300,000 births that occur all over the world and we are now faced with our food and other resources being depleated in roughly four months. As usual wonderful writing that makes you think.
I will provide links to those without access to STARZ if you like.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Sounds fantastic Reamsie.
BTW, I'm still trying to get a temporary assignment up at Akron. It would be for a couple of weeks... probably not anytime soon, but, I'm working on it
A link would be good, don't have starz
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Reamsie wrote:I can highly recommend Torchwood. Russell T. Davies is still writing it and it has been fabulous so far! The plot Miracle Day, suddenly a world where nobody is dying, well nobody except our awesome and up until now seemingly immortal Captain Jack Harkness who suddenly finds he is the sole mortal among us. Bill Pullman (from Independance Day) is giving a wonderfully creepy performance as a convicted child murderer who survived his execution because of Miracle Day. Imagine the normally 300,000 people who die everyday not dying and add the 300,000 births that occur all over the world and we are now faced with our food and other resources being depleated in roughly four months. As usual wonderful writing that makes you think.
I will provide links to those without access to STARZ if you like.

I don't have Sartz and I couldn't find Torchwood online. So yes, please provide the links. I really want to see Torchwood again, one of my favorite shows. mrgreen
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 pm

The awesome trailer courtesy of youtube:

Ok here are the links for the first two episodes, these are on megavideo so if you don't have an account then it will cut you off after 72 minutes. Then you just have to wait 30 minutes and bring it back up, find where you left off and finish. Or you can watch one episode one day and wait another day to watch the rest:

Torchwood: The New World

Torchwood: Rendition
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:35 pm

I just watched Alphas. First, be sure to record to zap commercials as there are far too many. But, of the new shows I've watched, this one is good. No superheros with superpowers but rather people with "enhanced neurological abilities". Sound familiar? It's like crossing the x-files with hsp and conspiracies....a most interesting show in spite of tv cliches that seem to be inevitable with most shows now.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tezorian Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

ANyone know if "persons unknown" is going to continue? Or "flashback"...
tezorian
tezorian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down