The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard

5 posters

Go down

A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard Empty A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Earlier this afternoon, I was in my yard, when I spotted a very active turtle. I called my h out to see and we watched him climb all over the yard. He seemed too healthy to be a pet and he didn't want water. Our yard is fully enclosed by a fence and the nearest creek is a mile away and this guy was a young one so it is a mystery on how he got there. We didn't even know turtles were native to this area and we're pretty familiar with the native life here.

Well, after several calls, my husband found a turtle sanctuary that would take him in. He took the turtle over there and found out he is indeed not only wild, but very rare and endangered. So we saved a member of a very endangered species today. Very Happy
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard Empty Re: A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard

Post by BlueTopaz Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Awww, that's nice.
Do you know the species?
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard Empty Re: A very cool encounter with nature in my backyard

Post by RBM Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Neat.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sun May 01, 2011 9:19 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:Awww, that's nice.
Do you know the species?

No, just that it is native and very rare. A turtle, not tortoise.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

It was meant to be that he wandered into your yard. He found his way to a safe new home through you. Very Happy
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon May 02, 2011 3:31 pm

So it seems. I am glad this little guy has a nice long life ahead of him.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Always good to get good news. And extra kudos for going the extra mile to get him/her somewhere safe.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down