The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a SERIOUS LOL

+4
frmthhrt
Alethia
SimplyNan
BlueTopaz
8 posters

Go down

This is a SERIOUS LOL Empty This is a SERIOUS LOL

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:52 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/08/22/china-bans-reincarnation-_n_61444.html?ref=fb&src=sp

Oh really.... lol!

even though the ulterior motives are pretty underhanded.... Rolling Eyes No
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

This is a SERIOUS LOL Empty Re: This is a SERIOUS LOL

Post by SimplyNan Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Okay then, I'm rather speechless on this, I mean, come on, ban reincarnation?? There seems to be an over abundance of really dumb people in the world, or maybe I'm just becoming more aware. Geesh.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Dumber and dumber.....part two? scratch
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm

...yeah, there is method in their madness...the bit about approving the next Dahli Lama...it's strictly political.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

This is a rather astonishingly absurd political move....why do the Chinese Government fear peaceful religious and philisophical movements to much?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 am

Because peace means calm waters..........calm waters means smooth sailing........smooth sailing means no ships sink............and no ships sinking........means to many ships on the ocean..........to many ships on the ocean means the odds of crashing and people dying is higher.........people dying means reincarnation...............there ya go in nut shell...!! Yes I am the nut....
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 am

Alethia wrote:Because peace means calm waters..........calm waters means smooth sailing........smooth sailing means no ships sink............and no ships sinking........means to many ships on the ocean..........to many ships on the ocean means the odds of crashing and people dying is higher.........people dying means reincarnation...............there ya go in nut shell...!! Yes I am the nut....
Beware rough waters that are calm!

Suspect lol! This is a SERIOUS LOL 479147
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:37 am

Communism is pretty antithetical to religion-- I'm wracking my brain to remember why. I mean the deeper reasons-- not just the obvious superficial ones.
I guess because it's kind of a religion of its own. And to really work it requires absolute adherence-- forced adherence in many cases. Free thought just doesn't fit into that equation.
I watched an Anthony Bordain "No Reservations" episode recently about the former Soviet Union. Lots and lots of people at Russian Orthodox churches. Seems like Russian Communism didn't squash that...
But to any human with half a brain cell working, regulating reincarnation is just so ridiculously stupid on the face of it. They are making fools of themselves.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 am

I loved the comments by one poster:

Yeah - but what if you don't want to reincarnat­e IN CHINA? Let's say you're just some dorky girl from the outskirts of HongKong and you want to reincarnat­e as a fabulous blonde from Minneapoli­s? Or if your some poor sap of a dude in the army patrolling the Mongolian border and you want to come back as a swashbuckl­ing Argentinia­n cowboy?

Do you have to fill out the forms then? OR do they have a separate collection of forms to be filled out in triplicate for people who are ontologica­lly emigrating out of the Middle Kingdom?

Hmmm. Those are some forms I'd like to see...

It does make you curious as to what the process will be to apply for approval to reincarnate. Leave it to the Chinese.

Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedream Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 am

And...to THAT bit of silliness...I thumb my nose happily!
I feel that's one area that ANY government will never have control over; my own personal souls journey in the afterlife.
Just more materialism 'here' trying to 'buy' or have it's way or control in the spiritual realm.
Ain't gonna happen, silly fools! Try and tax that! Pfff! lol!
[That actually makes me happy to think about; no more control from powers that be...!]
And they want to be a world power too...[?!]
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Mo, there are some of the alternative political movements that are against religion because they see it as "pie in the sky". A way for governments to control people - you know, well, yeah you are poor and downtrodden but someday you'll die and then you'll be in heaven kind of thing. I rather think, though, that hard core communism did not fall into that category.

Dan, yeah, I share your sentiments totally! The ultimate freedom.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by petersi Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 am

Religions has been found to be a very useful political tool. In a country where its political system relies on absolute compliance, any religions are a threat. While we may laughed at the absurdity nature of the chinese goverment, I think in the western worlds it is shown in another form. We are not as safe we think we are from a police states. Over here in the west, it just become much more subtle.
petersi
petersi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum