The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transhumanism and the applications of new technology

2 posters

Go down

Transhumanism and the applications of new technology Empty Transhumanism and the applications of new technology

Post by Nucky Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Science is now capable of creating a new post-human species. The thought of this technology getting into the wrong hands is terrifying.

http://vimeo.com/17777251

Your thoughts?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Transhumanism and the applications of new technology Empty Re: Transhumanism and the applications of new technology

Post by RBM Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

Anyone who includes a 'God' in the transhuman' vision of the future is a red flag to me.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Transhumanism and the applications of new technology Empty Re: Transhumanism and the applications of new technology

Post by Nucky Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Yeah, the mormon stuff was kind of a red flag for me too, but there were some thought-provoking points.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Deasy wrote:Abstract: As we move further into the 21st century humanity has within reach the ability to alter the body human to such an extent as to give rise to a new post-human species. What is less clear is whether our ethical, moral and spiritual development can keep pace with our technological prowess. This paper will take the position that our faith communities are in a unique position to speak up for the need to hold both God and science together in our lives, to check human hubris and offset individual motives in exchange for ethical standards that support social justice.

It would be nice to find a complete transcript to show the exact forks from my personal favorite template, My Big TOE.

She didn't make many forks but the ones made were 'off the road'.

To repurpose Steven Hawking's assertion, there is no NEED for a God in a complete theory of everything.

Most of her position was non-religious spirituality of which I firmly believe and have experienced. Given so many citations and concepts of hers that were 'God'-neutral, what I found most interesting was her clinging to her faith in 'God'.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down