The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be "gadget nirvana" for you?

4 posters

Go down

What would be "gadget nirvana" for you? Empty What would be "gadget nirvana" for you?

Post by waterdragon7 Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 pm

For me, an 11-inch, maxed-out MacBook Air for $1400.00, a Mac mini server computer (set up as a Home Theater PC) for $1,000.00, the 2nd-generation iPad (due out next Spring), hopefully for $500.00, a 2nd-generation Apple TV for $100.00 and either a 4th-generation 64-gb iPod Touch for $400.00 or a 32-gb iPhone for ? (not sure on pricing of the iPhone, since you have to sign up for a two-year contract - a good reason to go with the iPod Touch). An Apple wireless keyboard, a Magic TrackPad and a Logitech Trackball ($170.00 for all three).

As to non-Apple items, an LED flat-screen television-monitor, not yet sure of the size, but not too large (say, $800.00 maximum) An El Gato television tuner and software ($200.00) to turn either the MacBook Air and/or the Mac mini into an over-the-air PVR (personal video recorder) plus a portable television antenna ($30.00) for the Air and/or Mac mini.

Finally, a 3G Amazon Kindle for $189.00 and a SanDisk 8-gb Clip Plus as a back-up mp3-player/FM radio to the iPod Touch (50.00).

Wow! That's going through close to $5,000.00 in a big hurry! So is your personal "gadget nervana that expensive, or is it a lot more? Or a lot less?
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

What would be "gadget nirvana" for you? Empty Re: What would be "gadget nirvana" for you?

Post by Alethia Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 pm

If son had his way.........yes *our* nirvana would be as detailed and costly as, or more than your own waterdragon.....and he is 13 years old...lol!! As for me personally I am pretty happy with the basics.....as long as they work......and I can work them.....I hope your "gadget nirvana" finds its way to your space real soon... Very Happy
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

What would be "gadget nirvana" for you? Empty Re: What would be "gadget nirvana" for you?

Post by Justin Passing Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:11 am

Sadly, they're still not making my nirvana gadget. I've been waiting a long time, but they seem to be in no hurry to perfect what I want.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:13 am

What I want is a small computer like the old HP 300 Palmtops...folding with a 6 inch screen (they have a usable two hand keyboard you can type on)... but one that operates as a phone when closed...with a real 10MP+ size zoom camera, a decent MP3 player that will run off SD/micro SD, and operates with the computer closed...and maybe GPS.
So a real computer that takes the place of the cell phone too...one device for everything...and while I'm dreaming...more than 12 hours battery life. I know it is do-able...something smaller than the Sony Vaio P series with 8 inch screen would be nice...but still wide enough for two hand typing.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum