The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time and some common sense

3 posters

Go down

time and some common sense Empty time and some common sense

Post by frmthhrt Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 am

frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

time and some common sense Empty Re: time and some common sense

Post by melodiccolor Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree that doing away with the time shifts makes alot of sense. I'll even agree that it may increase sun exposure in winter, helping with vitamin D production.

That said, my intuition is telling me leaving things shifted to year round gmt+1 is a bad idea for one reason. Our natural circadium rythms are set up for us to wake naturally with dawn and having to get up so long before that could make us a very sleepy populace in the winter time. This sets us up for sleep deprivation and all the attendent health problems that go with it.

Instead I am for leaving time at gmt+0 year round. I know this is a very unpopular idea atm.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm

...or we learn to adjust our schedules to change with the light. Why are our work and store opening hours set in stone? Our entire system is arbitrary and artificial.
That being said, I've dealt with getting up in the dark in the wee hours for years. It doesn't seem like it's all that difficult to adapt. My rhythms easily adjust.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

...or we learn to adjust our schedules to change with the light. Why are our work and store opening hours set in stone? Our entire system is arbitrary and artificial.

I've always wondered why we just didn't do that instead. The amount of light does vary with latitude after all.

You are fortunate; when I am able to simply let my body establish its own natural cycle, I've always found that I awake with the dawn. But this is only when I am not sleep deprived and in balance with nature. How many of us are?
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Arizona, mostly, does not have daily savings time. I love not having to worry about changing clocks twice a year. And, more than that, I love not having to adjust my circadian rythems twice a year. Truly, that is the worst thing about it. As far as I'm aware, there is no need to have it. Therefore, my suggestion would be to stop it and just do standard time.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Exactly!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content