The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Js and Ps

2 posters

Go down

Js and Ps Empty Js and Ps

Post by frmthhrt Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 pm

The more I read about MTBI, the more I see the flaws, but overall, it is reasonably accurate (I wonder if the backhanded compliment is an INTP thing? Laughing ).
I am finding myself impossible to accurately label. I am INTP and I am INFP...and can be either at any time. LOL

My wife seems to be my polar opposite, and (at the moment) she seems like she is ESFJ (her being bipolar can confuse things sometimes). This page,"Portrait of An ESFJ", describes her quite well in most ways:

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESFJ.html

However,this part is completely wrong:
"ESFJs respect and believe in the laws and rules of authority, and believe that others should do so as well. They're traditional, and prefer to do things in the established way, rather than venturing into unchartered territory. Their need for security drives their ready acceptance and adherence to the policies of the established system. This tendency may cause them to sometimes blindly accept rules without questioning or understanding them."
Not even close. LOL. We are both rebels, although she does not like uncharted territory.
I have been trying to better understand the difference between Js and Ps. This seems to represent one of the biggest differences in personalities for me. These quote describing the INFJ/INFP differences were very enlightening for me...taken from here:

http://www.infjorinfp.com/docs/PreferredCommunicationStyle.htm

"Ironically, INFJs are wont to label informing communication as "passive-aggressive" (and it can be), while INFPs are wont to label directing communication as "bossy" (and it can be). Neither completely comprehends why the other communicates the way they do -- but INFPs are perhaps handicapped more, because INFJs (and others) are often downright oblivious to their style of communication. (Thus many INFPs complain about feeling invisible.) Sometimes it takes another informer to recognize when a request has been tendered. It's like a dog whistle -- some people can't even hear it!"

"INFPs feel uncomfortable "intruding" on other people's choices -- they want people to decide for themselves to do things. INFJs may inform up until things aren't getting done -- and then they direct (and may even take charge)"

"The directing types are inclined to "tell, ask, urge." They are "moving forward" and they sound "definite." The informing types, on the other hand, tend to "inform, inquire, explain, describe." They are "flowing, open, eliciting." INFPs sound patient while INFJs sound impatient. INFPs tend to perpetuate conversations; INFJs often kill them. INFJs focus on time and task, while INFPs focus on the emergent process. INFPs can sometimes be longwinded; INFJs can sometimes be short-winded (both to their own detriments!)."

I can definitely see the difference...most of my friends tend to be Ps, although I do have good friends that are Js.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Js and Ps Empty Re: Js and Ps

Post by melodiccolor Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:57 pm

I've read the second article before and the article does point out these are inclinations and tendencies, not absolutes. We all employ both styles, but the preference is for one or the other. And oh yes, I do recognise myself in the article.

It is quite insightful.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum