The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently we had a small earthquake today

+3
melodiccolor
edie
Nucky
7 posters

Go down

Apparently we had a small earthquake today Empty Apparently we had a small earthquake today

Post by Nucky Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:05 pm

It was centered near the Ontario and Quebec border, and was felt over most of the Great Lakes region. It hit at about 1:45pm my time. I didn't feel it at all for some reason, but most people in my area felt it. They say that you don't feel tremors and quakes as easily when you're walking around, and I think I was walking around getting breakfast ready.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Apparently we had a small earthquake today Empty Re: Apparently we had a small earthquake today

Post by edie Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:39 pm

lol a little tremmor,thats what the news said here too, the time we had a few most didnt feal it it was so small. some could not be felt. more will peobably be coming your way here and there. probably the same scale.
edie

Back to top Go down

Apparently we had a small earthquake today Empty Re: Apparently we had a small earthquake today

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm

The further away you are from the epicenter, the less you will feel, but that also depends on the kind of land you are on as well.

I wonder how far both of you are from the epicenter? And how strong it was?

Living in major earthquake territory means I do know quite a bit about them.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Interesting how that little earthquake aligned with your standing up to someone today........ Wink
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Delicate Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:28 am

Well, they said on my local news it was felt here as well, but I had no idea what they are talking about. How can some in my area feel it, but others didn't? Weird. They showed pictures of things shaken off the wall, other damages etc. (I'm around the Mason-Dixon line)
Delicate
Delicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 am

There was one here a few years back, but I didn't feel anything, either. I suppose it was because I was driving a car, at the time.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Well we certainly felt it here... I was in an office tower sitting at my desk so that could be why. I do know some people who were walking around or doing things and didn't notice it. My desk was shaking and I could feel the building moving back and forth..it was really scary. I was quite rattled for the rest of the day and kept thinking the building was still swaying.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down