The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts?

+4
Little Sister
Bluedream
melodiccolor
Nucky
8 posters

Go down

Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts? Empty Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts?

Post by Nucky Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 pm

If millions of US dollars were somehow legitimately passed on to you, would you give it all away, just for the sake of earning your own living?

I'm asking this because it seems to me that people who become rich through pure luck are among the most hated people on the planet.

For the record, I certainly wouldn't. I'd be able to find some non-destructive ways to occupy my time.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts? Empty Re: Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 pm

There is a lot of good that could be done with the money and the freedom such funds afford. I doubt most would forgo the money; I sure wouldn't.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts? Empty Re: Would you give it all away, just to earn through your own efforts?

Post by Bluedream Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:10 am

Yes...I too feel it would give you the freedom to occupy your time with the projects and interests that you would really like to do. Something more than worrying about bills and day to day survival.
However...having unlimited funds without having some sort of 'consciousness' about your life in general could potentially be kind of useless and even disasterous to many. Just refer to your average lottery winners for 'support' of that theory!
I heard Steven Hawking say recently, in an interview, that life without some sort of 'work' or 'involvement' would seem meaningless. That coming from a paralized man! So...no matter what the finantial circumstances one may have...we ALL have to still do something valid to us or others; something that enriches this short existence here.
I can't think of anything more rewarding than being of some sort of help to your fellow man...or...at least seeking a 'quiet spiritual beauty' to all of this...regardless of material wealth. Can't take nothing with you but your beautiful soul. That is...if you intend to make it that way now by steady, conscious nuturing. Our time is so short for this 'thought'...Hmmm....
b.d.
Bluedream
Bluedream

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I've thought it would be great to start a foundation, and pay myself to administer it.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Bluedream wrote:Yes...I too feel it would give you the freedom to occupy your time with the projects and interests that you would really like to do. Something more than worrying about bills and day to day survival.
However...having unlimited funds without having some sort of 'consciousness' about your life in general could potentially be kind of useless and even disasterous to many. Just refer to your average lottery winners for 'support' of that theory!
I heard Steven Hawking say recently, in an interview, that life without some sort of 'work' or 'involvement' would seem meaningless. That coming from a paralized man! So...no matter what the finantial circumstances one may have...we ALL have to still do something valid to us or others; something that enriches this short existence here.
I can't think of anything more rewarding than being of some sort of help to your fellow man...or...at least seeking a 'quiet spiritual beauty' to all of this...regardless of material wealth. Can't take nothing with you but your beautiful soul. That is...if you intend to make it that way now by steady, conscious nuturing. Our time is so short for this 'thought'...Hmmm....
b.d.

Yeah bd, I've heard that about lottery winners. But judging by how I've dealt with long periods of idleness so far, I think I'd be able to handle not destroying myself.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:43 pm

I certainly would not be able to give up the money. But I could not see myself just sitting around and doing nothing. In reallity it would give me alot of freedom to work for myself full time.
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Nucky wrote:If millions of US dollars were somehow legitimately passed on to you, would you give it all away, just for the sake of earning your own living?

Shucks, no, I could think of tons to do with it.

Nucky wrote:
I'm asking this because it seems to me that people who become rich through pure luck are among the most hated people on the planet

I wasn't aware that's the case.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Doiosy Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:35 pm

i think i would give some away... just cause i know i dont really need or... actually want all that money... just enough to buy a car and some games systems and some to put in the bank... but most i think i would give to my parents and to who ever else needed it.
Doiosy
Doiosy

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm

What are you talking about? What? Sorry I don't understand the question.
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down