The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal ghost hunting

+2
edie
RBM
6 posters

Go down

Paranormal ghost hunting Empty Paranormal ghost hunting

Post by RBM Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Any ghost hunters on the board ?

Met these folks, Midwest Association of Paranormal Phenomena (MAPP) at a seminar, which was sponsored by these folks, Here And Back Again (tangent: OK what is that theme song). The MAPP founders are John and Donna.

I had emailed MAPP about about My Big TOE (MBT) before seeing their presentation. I went to the presentation knowing I had a different perspective of the paranormal but was equally interested in the 'toys' (electronic equipment) they used.

I found out at the presentation that it was not received and when queried about the contents by Donna, I promised to resend. I resent, but to another account from their page, addressed to all members and with some more specific links. Some excerpts from that email:

Here's a link to Google books, that addresses the topic of paranormal directly from Tom Campbell's _My Big TOE_ (Big as in big picture, TOE as in theory of everything) trilogy:
Paranormal events are natural artifacts of the nature of consciousness and represent the normal activity of the nonphysical energy that is consciousness.

I received a very friendly and open response from John and Donna and have continued the email exchange. I have also linked to this forum in order to give more context to the conversation.

Given this BB's readership, are there any active ghost hunters, or others who have had experiences that seem to be 'ghost experiences' ?
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Paranormal ghost hunting Empty Re: Paranormal ghost hunting

Post by edie Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

yep, have had sevral experiances, saw a pair of legs and no body run from frount door to kitchen as i was in motion to sit. that was when i was about 16.
most recent id have to say a line of steak knives were formed while i was away at work. i had pilled the knives and utencles on counter in no order at all. just handfulls of silver ware and carfully washed knives all layed piled.
all facing outwards and point in same direction by the time i got home. lived alone. neighbor upstairs works same hours at the same company.
had 2 cats but im sure they had no doing in it roflol. that was about 4 years ago.
there has been many more subtle encounters through the years. who knows what they are a ripple in time,a soul,or what beats me lol.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 pm

I've had several experiences with ghosts.
Sight, scent, sounds, feeling them like I feel others-- emotionally.
I live near a city that is often visited by the TV ghost hunters. All the places they have gathered "evidence" of ghosts I had visited previously and had an "encounter". Interesting validation.
Normally I would be slightly embarrassed admitting this to folks, but not with all of you.
I've really got to read MBT.

eta: I can give quite detailed re-tellings given enough time (I work 65 hours a week ) and if anyone is truly interested. Most folk's eyes glaze over when I start going on.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 pm

BlueTopaz wrote:I've really got to read MBT.

Haha. We had a discussion about scientific paradigm/model; scientific materialist definition, as I recall, once. The MBT is written for the science oriented Western mind, so you may find it compatible with your cultural view and your past scientific materialist worldview. Your more recent metaphysical worldview will absolutely love it, I suspect.

It is 800 plus pages. I'm less than 30 pages from finishing and that reading will most likely be done in minutes from now. Over at the MBT forum, several have admitted reading it more than once up to several times.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 pm

interesting edie.......someone didnt like the way you do your dishes lol!

I had one a few years ago, but I knew who it was...so he kind of didnt feel like a ghost as such.......he was trying to get my attention by throwing crystals across the room....basically throwing things in my face....... Another experince occurred not long after that one...where by I was feeling quite heavy and pained with on and off depressive tendencies........and lots of sprirtual experinces going on around me.........I was at my sisters with family and when I decided to sit down on the couch feeling a little out of it......a massive golden light that filled the room adjacent to me appeared...It was intensely bright and golden in colour and felt very powerful........It only lasted a few seconds.......and it didnt occur to me to call others to come look.......it felt almost like it was only for my eyes.......When I first arrived at my sisters that day......I suddenly blurted out something about my mothers dead mother was a "nun" or "saint" or something like that.....a woman that we never knew, including my mother. Dont ask me why I said it...it just came out of my mouth........and then I remember asking my sister to hold my hands and say a family prayer......dont ask me why.........I just did what I felt guided to do.......after all this intial stuff that is when this huge golden presence filled the room..............it was quite amazing.

As a footnote when I was a little girl I was fascinated by an angel and saint book that was part of my religious upbringing.......it was probably the only thing that felt safe and brought some joy to me among the fear that I perceived in all other aspects of the religion.....somehow it all tied into that day...........

I remember my reiki teacher telling us a story of her ghost hunting experinces.......one noted one was to do a hotel clearing for some new owners who's business was poor and she had picked up that their were ghosts invading it...When she went to do the "clearing" with her "tools" she picked up numerous ghosts thoughout the hotel.......almost over flowing. She helped them all to move on to the light........one by one. Apparently after some further delving into the history of the building, it was found that it was used as a morgue at one time when a fatal disease struck the town.......and they had no where to store the bodies of those who died.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by petersi Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:56 am

I was at grandma house. Everyone went to the movies except me cause I have seen it. It was late at night but the house was actually a shophouse cum motel in a big town. The house was old, 2 storeys high with 8 empty rooms upstairs, which I am sure were partially occupied by tenants. But somehow that night it was eerily quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Feeling goosebumps, I decided to switch on the lights of the bathroom, toilet and the kitchen beside those at the kitchen hall where I was sitting. Then as I read a magazine, I felt something. But I ignored it and continued reading. Suddenly the light in the bathroom went off. I ignored it thinking it must be a blown off bulbs. Next comes the toilet light. Finally it was the kitchen, making only the kitchen hall lighted. Feeling very annoyed and also scared, I moved to the front of the house. This time I switched on the lights of the 3 bedrooms and the adjacent lounge room where I was sitting. True enough, it happened again. The light in the kitchen hall went off first. Then follow by the rooms and finally the lounge where I was sitting, all went off one by one until I was in complete darkness. I ran out of the house.

I tried a few explaination. Firstly could be the fusebox. Unlikely cause it was an old house, the do not have multi-fuse box those days. Secondly the bulbs actually blown out. When my relatives returned, all bulb work perfectly fine. Thirdly could be a prankster. Then how did he get into the bedrooms? When my relative returned, they said the house was in complete darkness. How did the prankster get out if it was in darkness? One of the switches was in my clear view which I would have noticed a prankster. Also why didnt the blow out sequence happened again eversince?

Mischievious ghosts? Or perhaps of an "ouija" board which I played before in the house. This game is called spirit of the coin. The original version is called spirit of the cup. But it was believe the spirit of the cup was too strong in its forces and could be dangerous that it was often recommended to play spirit of the coin. It was also warned never to play alone, which I did. tongue
You draw a circle and write on it all the alphabets and ten unit numbers. Then you place a coin in the centre with your finger on it and invite the spirit to go into the coin. Then finally after some 5 minutes, it finally did move by itself. So I asked some silly questions to test it out. When finally I thought I have enough funs, I have to asked the spirit of the coin to return home. Thats when the trouble start. The coin whirled around violently. It has refused to return home! I keep pressuring it to go home until suddenly I hear a very large cracking sound in the room. I felt someone slapped me on my neck. Slowly the coin returned to the centre and I was sweating and trembling with fear, vowing never to play again. I felt nauseous. I felt I have touched unclean things. So did that spirit returned that night? Or is she still tagging along with me? tongue
petersi
petersi

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm

I am not surprised so many of you have had these encounters. I have not had anything simular, but as I posted elsewhere, I did watch the aura of another board member expand in search of a ghost or spirit she said was in the house we were in at the time. It got very large, considerably brighter than average, then attenuated, expanding up the stairs to the second story where she said it was located.

I wonder if that is why some people perceive these things while others do not; this ability with auras? I suspect most are not even aware they do this.

I have no clue what these phenomena are, but they do seen to exist.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 pm

MC wrote:I wonder if that is why some people perceive these things while others do not; this ability with auras? I suspect most are not even aware they do this.

I would classify the aura as an artifact of the actual ability. I'll see if I can get a MAPP member to come over and share their experiences. UPDATE: sent an email invite.

I have no clue what these phenomena are, but they do seen to exist.

I posted an indirect question at MBT forum but have yet to get a direct response.

petersi wrote:Or is she still tagging along with me?

It's possible.

My friend Ivan was a seminar student to the late Irene Hickman D.O. His remote healing is included in her book Remote Depossession . She has a simple classification scheme of entities which is broken into 3 categories.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 pm

I would classify the aura as an artifact of the actual ability.

I would say that someone with ability is able to make use of the aura in order to gather information in various ways, not just with ghosts and spirits. All living things have auras; since I can see them, I am quite sure of it.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
I would classify the aura as an artifact of the actual ability.

I would say that someone with ability is able to make use of the aura in order to gather information in various ways, not just with ghosts and spirits. All living things have auras; since I can see them, I am quite sure of it.

As I understand you, this is a fundamental disagreement between you and I.

to make use of the aura in order to gather information

This is known as mistaking the map for the territory - the 'aura' isn't doing any work, the consciousness of the person of the 'aura' is doing the work.

You are viewing, implicitly, from a traditional model which asserts physical matter fundamental and consciousness derivative using the 'aura' metaphor.

I view it from a non-traditional model which asserts consciousness is fundamental and physical matter is derivative and the metaphor used is information as data stream.

This is unreconciled as long as we have different knowledge bases.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:25 am

No, the aura does not do work; it is merely a tool a consciousness makes use of, a part of it much as our bodies are parts of ourselves.

Note I did not say our consciousness is a part of our body.

I do see auras; I also sense them directly with no need of vision. This is not a philosophical disagreement for me. This is my reality, an everyday experience just as all other information input is.

It is not separate from consciousness, no part of ourselves is. We are all whole beings with all parts being one.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:22 pm

MC wrote:No, the aura does not do work; it is merely a tool a consciousness makes use of, a part of it much as our bodies are parts of ourselves.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. MBT has an active thread going of a very similar nature, it's OOBE: connecting 'silver cord': real or 'belief system'?

I think the most useful comment came from 'soprano' (an INTJ, who is very, very well read of the MBT, and very active in NPMR):

Another example. Some author of a book talks about seeing a white light and a tunnel. Another one says, no the light is yellow, and it is a road, not a tunnel. Well a discussion like that is meaningless.

In closing this tangent, I don't expect to see an aura under the above conditions cause it's not part of my system.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down