The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . .

+8
melodiccolor
claeris
Alethia
petersi
edie
RBM
BlueTopaz
Nucky
12 posters

Go down

Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . . Empty Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . .

Post by Nucky Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:44 am

your intuition proves in every single way possible to be 100% complete bullshit?

This is something that I'm struggling with at the moment. Maybe I really am just crazy.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . . Empty Re: Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . .

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 am

when this happens I chalk it up to my very overactive imagination, or some of the hurts I have received in the past reviving a "pain body" that has thoughts of its own, if you will. Sometimes it is hard to parse between true intuition, which I believe comes from the intelligence that does not arise from our brain, and these two other things which are part of the brain.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . . Empty Re: Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . .

Post by RBM Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 am

Nucky wrote:your intuition proves in every single way possible to be 100% complete bullshit?

This is something that I'm struggling with at the moment. Maybe I really am just crazy.

It is fundamentaly impossible for one's intuition to be BS. Intuition is an artifact of how consciousness works. It's no more likely to be BS than it is that consciousness is BS.

You interpret all incoming sensory information. That interpretation's quality is contingent on where you are on the spiritual growth path. Part of the interpretation process includes the Ego, and other stuff as BlueTopaz mentions.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm

understand how that feals nucky. doubted myself and thoughts many of times. think "aww maybe im not being fair","it might be im wrong and it isnt that much of a big deal","i dont want them to hate me or think im selfish".
my brain goes in overdrive conderdicting what intuition is saying not wanting to beleave they are doing me harm,they wouldnt dare treat me like that.
everytime i denyed my intuition, my gut, i was wrong to do so and payed the price. i was right even when everyone would think you dont have proof,what baseis is your reason. that dont matter gut is always right. even with out tangable reason.
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by petersi Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Trust your HSP senses. We are just living in a very hostile world thats all.
petersi
petersi

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 pm

You interpret all incoming sensory information. That interpretation's quality is contingent on where you are on the spiritual growth path. Part of the interpretation process includes the Ego, and other stuff as BlueTopaz mentions.

Good point RBM.....I agree
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by claeris Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:16 pm

If you don't want to rely on intuition, rely on your emotions

It can be better to think from the heart than from the head Smile
claeris
claeris

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 am

My experiences are just like Edie's; so I have learned to trust my intuition, my inner voice, always. However, it is also true that very strong emotion or physical stress can mask or distort the information your intuition is giving you or even give information you think is intuitive but is not.

It is possible to tell when that is happening, but only with full focus on it and no distractions from those emotions or stress.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Nucky wrote:your intuition proves in every single way possible to be 100% complete bullshit?

For me, when this happens, I can almost always be certain it's because I'm leading and feeling with my emotions instead of actually listening to my intuition.
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 pm

melodiccolor wrote:My experiences are just like Edie's; so I have learned to trust my intuition, my inner voice, always. However, it is also true that very strong emotion or physical stress can mask or distort the information your intuition is giving you or even give information you think is intuitive but is not.

It is possible to tell when that is happening, but only with full focus on it and no distractions from those emotions or stress.

We usually intuit about things that we care deeply about, so emotions are usually involved. How can we tell when intuition isn't being distorted by these emotions?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Nucky wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:My experiences are just like Edie's; so I have learned to trust my intuition, my inner voice, always. However, it is also true that very strong emotion or physical stress can mask or distort the information your intuition is giving you or even give information you think is intuitive but is not.

We usually intuit about things that we care deeply about, so emotions are usually involved. How can we tell when intuition isn't being distorted by these emotions?

Good question nucky......and you have me thinking now! In times like these I am wondering if these are the times we need to meditate, find a space where we can let go of any emotions affecting the situation. For me personally going for a walk, connecting to my higher self and expressing out loud my feelings...feeling what I need to feel then,helps me find clarity and renewal. Kind of like a walk and talk with myself.......I am interested to learn of others thoughts on this question...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 pm

For me it is basically this:

I center myself and calm my emotions in order to reach for answers. By doing so, I also calm any emotions I am feeling that have been picked up from others I am connected to. This is not always easy and can take a few days to do if the person I am connected to is having very strong emotions and I am having many of my own in response. To get there, I have to sort that all through and work through my feelings to get to the other side and calm.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 pm

for me it is, your first imediate responce or thought.
that instant spontainious you might blurt out with out thinking kind of thing.
also said as "your first reaction is probably the right reaction".
if i debate with myself, that is when im fighting what i instictivly know with the dumbass brain and logic roflol Laughing
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 pm

When this happens, just chuckle, and admit to being human. Sometimes I feel a little foolish, but that's okay.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Hester Prynn wrote:

When this happens, just chuckle, and admit to being human. Sometimes I feel a little foolish, but that's okay.

Really Nucky, I think you are being too hard on yourself - maybe way too hard.

All those mistakes of your intuition is a learning experience, or if you like machines, a calibration period.

This too shall pass
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't always like mine & try to ignore it. I have more problems facing my intuition as being correct. It is usually about someone or something that I want to believe is good when it fact it is not.

Just stopping by, by the way. I have not been doing to good. So much sadness.....
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:24 am

jaded wrote:I don't always like mine & try to ignore it. I have more problems facing my intuition as being correct. It is usually about someone or something that I want to believe is good when it fact it is not.

Just stopping by, by the way. I have not been doing to good. So much sadness.....

Hey jaded hope your ok....I guess in these times all one can do is send a hug your way... Intuitives: Who, or what, do you turn to when . . . 454835
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 am

RBM wrote:
Hester Prynn wrote:

All those mistakes of your intuition is a learning experience, or if you like machines, a calibration period.

I try not to be too hard on myself, but sometimes I feel completely cut off from everyone here. I'm so lost on the discussions on metaphysics and interconnections I don't even know what questions to ask about it. The discussions and chats we have about it might as well be in Swahili to me. I hear about the great progress everyone's making with this stuff, while I remain as confused as ever. It's very frustrating. It makes me feel more and more cut off from the group as time goes on.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 am

Nucky, just try to be patient with yourself. Those discussions are where each of us are in our own personal lives and because you are in a different place, you have no experiences with which to relate to them with yet.

But you will remember the talks and there will come a day it will all click and make sense. By then you will have begun to have some experiences of your own.

In the meantime read all the links RBM has posted. They are like a primer for those who have yet to have these experiences and will help you to start making sense of what we are talking about.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:48 am

Nucky, I'm so sorry you feel cut off from the group. I feel that way sometimes too. I wish I could give you a big hug because you are such a cornerstone of this group and I actually need your support and love sometimes when I'm down or confused. You have helped me so much in the past.
We are all wired different and on different places in our spiritual paths. No one place is different/better/worse than another. We are all pieces of a puzzle that fits together perfectly. I need you and you need me. That is actually a great comfort. I am so much better with you in my life.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Nucky,

Ditto everything Blue said. Love ya'

I also agree with what RBM says - our intuitions can't be BS. Even if they seem totally off the mark it just ain't so.

Reminds me of the Bible story, Jonah and the whale. God tells Jonah to go warn the people of Nineveh to mend their evil ways. Jonah doesn’t like this intuition, because the Ninevehns are enemies, and you know what happens to the messenger of bad news. So Jonah hightails it to Spain, but on the way is shipwrecked, swallowed by a whale, and in the pit of the whale decides maybe he better follow his intuition.

So here’s the part that reminds me of your dilemma, Jonah gets to Nineveh, follows his intuition, and preaches to the Ninevehns. The Ninevehns listen, they repent, and guess what? Nothing happens. God doesn’t throw any thunderbolts or deluge the city with a flood. And Jonah is left feeling angry at God for making him feel like a fool in front of his enemies.

As “insiders” we know that Jonah’s intuition was not wrong. But the outsider has no way of knowing. Is Jonah just a flake, or did he, by following his intuition, avert what could have been a disaster?

Jonah’s intuition is not wrong, but it could be perceived as being totally off the mark. Just as we might have an intuition that is accurate for circumstances as they stand now, but the actions of other free agents will create a change in how things play out.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishkabibble Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Nucky, perhaps your intuition about a person or a situation is way ahead of what is currently happening and therefore it appears to be off the mark. Intuition is about reading the signs and signals and putting them all together effortlessly in a split second. We do this both consciously and unconsciously. Sometimes we will know something or be aware of something before it manifests in ways that are more clearly defined. You know your own track record for accuracy. Trust what you know. Being way ahead of everyone else can sometimes make one feel alone because no one else sees things the same way.....yet.

As for discussions about the metaphysical realm, I've always thought truth is simple. Remaining open to our experiences leads to greater personal growth and maturity along with honing our intuition. The most highly evolved people I have known are usually very down to earth. They don't need to wade through a lot of complexity to express what is in their hearts and on their minds or to understand the hearts and minds of others. They live with great intuitive awareness bringing deep understanding and heartfelt empathy to their relationships. They instinctively know who and what to cultivate and who or what to avoid. Life experience always adds in unexpected ways to our personal wisdom even if it takes a while to reach better understandings of things that don't make sense.

Ish...alien
Ishkabibble
Ishkabibble

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri May 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Nucky wrote:
RBM wrote:
Hester Prynn wrote:

I try not to be too hard on myself, but sometimes I feel completely cut off from everyone here. I'm so lost on the discussions on metaphysics and interconnections I don't even know what questions to ask about it. The discussions and chats we have about it might as well be in Swahili to me. I hear about the great progress everyone's making with this stuff, while I remain as confused as ever. It's very frustrating. It makes me feel more and more cut off from the group as time goes on.

Nucky I am the groups idiot. You all have the education & upbring I didn't have. At times I come here, read and feel overcome with shame because I cannot contirbute to the conversations on physics and all the other stuff.

But I am learning from everyone, things I never dreamed I'd ever know.

I'd like to think that some of you here respect me for my heart & who I am. I am not going to worry about all those things I am not. My real friends want me around anyway. *hugs*
jaded
jaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum