The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courage vs. not seeing danger

3 posters

Go down

Courage vs. not seeing danger Empty Courage vs. not seeing danger

Post by Nucky Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Did you ever feel that you seemed to fear something much less than most people do, and wonder whether it was not so much courage on your part but simply not seeing the danger in something? There is a big difference between the two.

A chat discussion we had last night provoked this thought in me.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Courage vs. not seeing danger Empty Re: Courage vs. not seeing danger

Post by melodiccolor Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:49 pm

No, because I evaluate and work through new situations always regardless of how I react. If I do get a fear or wariness response, I do pay full attention to it, seeing why I am feeling that way and working through it.

My final actions are always based on evaluation and intuition rather than an emotional response. If it is a life threatening situation, and there have been times I've been in them, fear just gets in the way and must be shunted aside so I can remain clear headed and respond lightening fast. My evaluations can take place in the blink of an eye and still be thorough.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 am

Nucky wrote:Did you ever feel that you seemed to fear something much less than most people do, and wonder whether it was not so much courage on your part but simply not seeing the danger in something? There is a big difference between the two.

A chat discussion we had last night provoked this thought in me.

An interesting thought Nucky. For myself, when I fear something less than someone else, it's usually experience with the situation that eases my fear.
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down