The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun ways to mess with telemarketers

5 posters

Go down

Fun ways to mess with telemarketers Empty Fun ways to mess with telemarketers

Post by Nucky Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 am

Telemarketer calls don't have to be annoying; it's the perfect opportunity to make hilarious prank calls!

In chat I was talking about how funny it would be to hit on a telemarketer. What are some other fun ways to mess with them?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fun ways to mess with telemarketers Empty Re: Fun ways to mess with telemarketers

Post by Reamsie Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

I've pretended to be an almost deaf elderly woman. I just keep repeating phrases like:

"I'm sorry sweetie, you'll have to speak louder"
"What? You want to know if I have logs for Christmas? (long distance)".
"Honey I can't hear you, you have to speak slower and louder."

In a couple of minutes they are either shouting into the phone or have given up completely and hung up on me.

Honestly the funniest one I've every heard about was done by comedian Tom Mabe. I'm sure some of you have heard this one before. They love to play it on the Bob & Tom Show every now and then.

Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Fun ways to mess with telemarketers Empty Re: Fun ways to mess with telemarketers

Post by Alethia Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 am

This isnt a tele marketer but a boyfriend who used a particular phone line to answer the phone.......I suspected he was cheating and my intuition told me to look in his diary this day.......on a page in his diary I found a phone number scrawled on one of his entries.........thought I would phone it just out of feeling a little suspicious...........to my shock, my boyfriend answered before i spoke with "Hello this is the city morgue, spare parts division...can I lend you a hand"........my jaw nearly dropped......it was him and I froze...he then started talking to his mistress in the background........I didnt let on in that moment but the relationship did end not long after...........obviously! Perhaps I could have pretended to be the telemarketer in that moment and had my wicked revengeful ways......but I was too broken up to even speak...
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Reamsie wrote:I've pretended to be an almost deaf elderly woman. I just keep repeating phrases like:

In a couple of minutes they are either shouting into the phone or have given up completely and hung up on me.

Honestly the funniest one I've every heard about was done by comedian Tom Mabe. I'm sure some of you have heard this one before. They love to play it on the Bob & Tom Show every now and then.

chuckle I'll have to remember this next time I get one of those calls.
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Reamsie wrote:I've pretended to be an almost deaf elderly woman. I just keep repeating phrases like:

Yes I had heard that before and it is still hilarious! Laughing and rolling I doubt any of us will top that but I have an idea for when you get those survey calls. Before the person can start asking questions, I would tell them that I had a survey of my own I was doing and start asking my own questions. I'd start with the normal generic ones like age group and income group and then start going strange. I'd keep it going until they hung up on me!

Reamsie, the old lady with the hearing loss is great too. Have to remember that for political telemarketers especially. big grin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down