The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Feds: Top e-tailers profit from billion-dollar Web scam"

2 posters

Go down

"Feds: Top e-tailers profit from billion-dollar Web scam" Empty "Feds: Top e-tailers profit from billion-dollar Web scam"

Post by waterdragon7 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 am

An article from Cnet:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10399880-93.html?tag=mncol;txt#comments

Listening to a podcast, I learned of this practice, and also learned of the above link. The podcast can be streamed or downloaded here:

http://twit.tv/twit

The information re: web loyalty programs is covered within the first 15 minutes of the podcast or less. It was mentioned that Amazon.com has never participated in these programs, so you might want to consider that fact when gift shopping, unless you're doing your shopping at "brick and mortar" stores. Even then, I saw Barnes and Noble on the list, but I didn't see Border's, so if you're giving books as gifts...etc.
waterdragon7
waterdragon7

Back to top Go down

"Feds: Top e-tailers profit from billion-dollar Web scam" Empty Re: "Feds: Top e-tailers profit from billion-dollar Web scam"

Post by melodiccolor Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Shocked Wow, this is great information. I dealt with Travelosity when I flew to NY last summer and I remember being asked if I wanted a coupond deal for future trips and I noticed that there was a fee involved when I read the fine print so I declined.

Harried online shoppers are likely to see customer loyalty savings and think it is like a bricks and mortor store, where they give discounts if you spend so much. They'd never realise it is a scam like this.

As always, buyer beware; read the fine print on EVERYTHING. Also, I am apalled that my credit card number was likely sold to these companies by Travelosity.

It is good to know that Amazon never dealt with these companies nor Borders Books. I want my information to be secure and not sold to 3rd parties. No
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum