The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter

2 posters

Go down

Twitter Empty Twitter

Post by Grasshopper Sat May 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi folks,
Does anyone here use Twitter? If you are not familiar with it here is a good intro:
http://tr.im/hsptw

Twitter has become wildly successful as a social network/micro blog platform for people to keep in touch using desktop computers and hand-held devices. More than 12 million members world-wide in 2 years.

I have started a project using Twitter to help distribute info and resources to the greater HSP community on the Internet. As you may know, there is a *large* presence of varied HSP sites but they are widely scattered, may not know about one another and have cross-purposes; many are inactive, and it is a challenge to get people to participate consistently in them for various reasons (kinda like trying to herd cats, it has been noted!).

Anyway, I've discovered there are a great many people using Twitter who identify with or are interested in the HSP concept. I have begun communicating with them and just since May 18 I've accumulated 34 interested Followers! The number is growing by the day.

This project is not meant to compete with HSP Dimension but to expand, enhance, and deepen connections among the greater HSP community. It can also be used to draw more people to the HSP Dimension site to help it grow. To that end I've already posted one message that got 15 hits on a link to the HSP Dimension site (analytics are available to track links). I've already discussed this project with Melodicolor and have her support.

So, check out my Twitter page:
http://twitter.com/HSPtweets

Feel free to sign up for a Twitter account (totally free) and Follow me @HSPtweets. I've made a total of 41 Updates (also known as Tweets) so far. A Tweet is limited to 140 characters so you need to be very focused and concise in your message.

Once you have an account of your own you can use it to Follow any other users you choose (only ones you choose show up on your page), and you can make your page private if you want so only people you approve will see it! You can use the Search box (with terms #hsp or #hsps) to look for recent relevant Tweets that have been tagged so people can find them more easily.

I'm very excited by this project and that its seems to be taking off so quickly.
Any comments, discussion, or questions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Extra Happy

Last edited by Grasshopper on Sun May 24, 2009 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Grasshopper
Grasshopper

https://sfba.social/@Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Twitter Empty Re: Twitter

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 23, 2009 7:18 pm

It is exciting to see this take off so quickly. I just looked at your page; it seems there are a lot of links in there.

I'll probably be signing up when I have more time.

Thanks for directing other HSP's here. Very Happy
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down