The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Gardeners: Organic insect control

2 posters

Go down

For Gardeners:  Organic insect control Empty For Gardeners: Organic insect control

Post by melodiccolor Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Here are the controls I use in my garden and home:

for ants: diatematious earth purchased in sacks at nurseries. Do not breath dust. Apply along foundation, behind floorboards and any other place ants enter. Need to replace when wet.

for garden insects (including flea larvae): Beneficial Nemotodes (Predatory Nemotodes) Apply when soil temp is above 45 in moist soil, follow directions for application and maintainance exactly. They live in moist soil until first frost.

for keeping ants out of trees: Tanglefoot. Wrap bottom of tree in tape or plastic and cover outside with tanglefoot.

For cornworms and tomato hornworms: Bacillus Thuricide (BT)

For slugs and snails I use crushed egg shells. They also add calcium back into the soil. Just sprinkle them on top of the soil for good control as a barrier around the plants. Note; they are slightly alkaline.

I hope these help; for me, these for things covered all insect problems
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

For Gardeners:  Organic insect control Empty Re: For Gardeners: Organic insect control

Post by Ishkabibble Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Jerry Baker's Blog has some good information!

http://jerrybaker-amg.blogspot.com/

Wishing you great gardening!

Ish...... alien
Ishkabibble
Ishkabibble

Back to top Go down

For Gardeners:  Organic insect control Empty Re: For Gardeners: Organic insect control

Post by melodiccolor Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 pm

There were a lot of interesting things on that blog. Thanks. I copied this as I know a lot of people can use this one:

How can a simple brown paper bag make your automotive life easier this winter? Just look how easy it is to keep your windshield ice-free!

If you have to leave your car outdoors overnight in the winter when snow or sleet is forecast, cut brown paper bags down the sides to open them up, spread them across the windshield, and secure them in place with the wiper blades. Come morning, strip off the bags, and toss them on the compost pile or into the recycling bin
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Just thought I'd bump this for our newer members who are into gardening.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum