The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra

3 posters

Go down

Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra Empty Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra

Post by namasteheather Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I have Buddhist tendencies and ran into this online. I am wondering not if anyone believes in this or if they think it is possible, just do you feel anything? If you feel like participating in this, just go to the site, and open up the Golden Light Sutra. You can just read it or speak it aloud for a while, or you can download audio of someone reading it.
The Buddhist tradition that this comes from claims that the recitation of this sutra promotes world peace, and has many benefits to all who read it or listen to it. The first time I opened it and started reading, I did feel some kind of energy and I felt a lot more lighter and positive. The next time I decided to listen to the reading of it. Even though it is read in Sanskrit (I think...) I still felt something, kind of like after a good yoga session or after meditating. It was similar to how I felt at the ceremony for the destruction of a Tibetan sand mandala that I went to.
I am wondering what other HSPs responses are to this. Again, not wanting to debate it, but do you feel anything, and if so what is it? They say that the best results come from reading the whole thing, but even reading or listening to part of it is useful.

http://www.fpmt.org/golden_light_sutra/

This type of thing is one of the strangest parts of Buddhism for me. The Tibetan tradition especially has so many things that just seem downright superstitious. Why would it be that reading a certain set of words would have such an effect? It is like somehow they are able to charge certain things with some kind of energy that is released later on. But it seems so arbitrary.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra Empty Re: Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra

Post by lula may Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks for posting this Heather! I only got to listen a tiny bit so not sure about feeling anything yet. Very cool site though and I'm sure I'll be going back.

I should have some alone time tonight, maybe I'll have an update by this evening.
lula may
lula may

Back to top Go down

Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra Empty Re: Do you feel anything? The Golden Light Sutra

Post by Luna Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Thank you for sharing this Heather, I'm going to listen to it for a while. Well I believe in this type of thing and that it can have an effect.
For example I have visited a reiki site offering distant healing from healers and supposedly you get healed by focusing on a photo of them. I thought, how could that be but honestly I felt a real energy coming from that photo.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 am

Oh was it the Usui site? I have done that, I felt something too.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah!! Exactly. The photo of Usui is amazing. There are photos of groups of reiki healers too. That's so cool that you know it too! Very Happy
I listened to a bit of the audio recording and recited two pages... yes I felt very calm, light and peaceful. Perhaps it would be more so if I read more or listened to it for a longer period of time but I'll admit I don't think I was in the right frame of mind last night.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:31 pm

I actually got a Reiki I attunement a few months before I got pregnant with aly. I think that the feeling I had between the attunement and when my morning sickness and pregnancy ick started is similar to how I feel when I am reading or listening to the sutra.
Usui helps to recharge sometimes.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down