The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :)

3 posters

Go down

Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :) Empty Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :)

Post by StrawberryLife Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:57 am

Well, he's not exactly Bono... But he sings Irish songs!! Smile

http://www.marcgunn.com/

Do check out Wild Kitty!! (from CD of Irish Drinking Songs for Cat Lovers http://cdbaby.com/cd/mgtdtc2/from/celtic/)
He does have interesting lyrics.. Like My Father was a Werewulf lol!! Smile
& 'Don't Go Drinking with Hobbits'!! Smile
Apparently, on the CD with 'SciFi/fantasy celtic-style music' lol!! 'What Color Is Your Dragon?' http://cdbaby.com/cd/gunnmarc5/from/celtic/
Check (for more) under 'Music'... Smile http://www.marcgunn.com/cds.shtml
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :) Empty Re: Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :)

Post by melodiccolor Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Interesting. But fyi, although he calls it american celtic; it is actually appalacian folk/bluegrass. That form originated from celtic. I just listened for a bit to the first link; I'll go back to the others later.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :) Empty Re: Wild Kitty!! :)) For all Irish & non-Irish cat &SF/F lovers!! :)

Post by StrawberryLife Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks! I didn't know about the different names and definitions of celtic etc & all... I thought it was a mix of several different things.. & a fun & a little bit crazy idea!! But apparently he's found a niche of people who really like such songs too!! Smile

Hm, maybe this would need to be posted in the Business area? Wink
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 pm

No, this is just fun stuff. Very Happy The business area is for stuff that needs to be a bit private like developing our own businesses. This guy just found a great way to make a living as a musician; by making people laugh and appealing to cat lovers. popcorn
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 am

That was interesting. Many of those tunes I listened to endlessly at my grandmother's house. Many are definitely Irish, not strictly Appalachian or folk.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 pm

I guess I'll be getting back to listening to more of it then. I did listen to a few more and the irish ones seem to be classic tunes rewritten with cats in mind. Silly fun that kids would enjoy. cat
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down