The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11 Stories

2 posters

Go down

9/11 Stories Empty 9/11 Stories

Post by Little Sister Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 am

I was just wondering if anyone had some 9/11 stories to share. What were you doing that day? How did you first hear about it? Did you know anyone involved?
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

9/11 Stories Empty Re: 9/11 Stories

Post by adain Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 am

When I first woke up, and my radio was on. I was still living in Christchurch, NZ at the time and I thought they were joking at first, because it seemed so over the top. My flat mate at the time switched on the T.V. and we saw the first footage.
Drove to work (ah that's a blast from the past, the days I had a car!), and some one drove me back home (I didn't want to lose my carpark, hospitals never have enough staff parking!)so we could pick up my T.V. which was small, and watch the day unfold. Nobody worked, time had pretty much stood still, and I remember so many rumours and theories fly about. To me, that day was a day the world changed forever and the shockwaves were felt through out the world, even in a tiny western country like NZ.
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Sister Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Sept. 11, 2001 was the day that Krispie Kreme Doughnuts first opened a store in my city. One of my coworkers waited two hours in line to purchase some doughnuts for our office. She put on a Krispie Kreme hat and started leading a silly procession up and down the aisles of our cube city, inviting everyone to the breakroom where we were going to socialize over doughnuts and coffee. It was 9:44 and I fired off my morning reports to folks working at the NASDAQ in a building across from the World Trade Center. As I was leaving my desk to join the others for our celebration, I received an e-mail saying a plane had hit one of the towers. I didn't think much of it, because I just assumed it was an accident. However, as we left the breakroom, a friend in an adjoining office called out to us that a second plane had hit, and then we knew that it must have been a planned attack.

We were evacuated early, because our office was in the same building as the FAA. The FAA was getting unusual reports, and as we later found out, they had been tracking the plane which later crashed in Somerset, PA. The thing I remember most on my drive home was what a spectacularly beautiful day it was, the weather was nearly perfect, and the contrast between the weather and the enfolding events was striking. The idea that so many others would not be able to enjoy the beauty of the day, seemed to intensify the tragedy.

The contrasts continued later in the day for me, as we gathered to celebrate my daughter's sixth birthday. As we celebrated her life, it was hard not to think about what other families were going though that evening. And our party, was punctuated by calls from friends all over the world. Some were anxious because they had family in New York and were unable to contact. We were able to relay messages back and forth. But despite the concern and anxiety, there was an extremely strong current of support, that no matter how bad the news might be, we would help each other through it, the best we could.
Little Sister
Little Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down