The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why?

4 posters

Go down

Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why? Empty Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why?

Post by Zen Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Post why.
Especially if you are a lurker.

My guess is either that you have fear of being judged by other members or there is nothing "fun" really to do with each other.
Is this correct?

Perhaps we could come up with community stuff to do with each other other than just talk, yes?
Ideas?
Post please.

I feel that this place has unintentionally become pretty negative, like a dump for people's problems rather than a celebration of being HSP.
Everybody dumps their negative and painful feelings in long rants and leaves. Everybody else talks a big game about how joyful this or that is but we never do anything joyful besides talk a few times a year.

Part of this is we have a large age difference among members, and time zone issues. We're not all into the same books or movies or activities, but I am sure there is absolutely something joyful and passionate we can actually do together since we do this in other online groups I am a part of.

One thing this group used to do was the mailing the sombrero around, but that seemed to have gotten lost and it would leave out some of the younger members of the group who are minors and cannot post their personal information online to participate.

It seems the Facebook version of this group is more active, probably because it is a much better platform to talk for the sake of chatting(and rant with people.....). Facebook also has a much bigger traffic online so there are more people who stumble into it probably.
How many of you guys are active on there instead?

Wonder if perhaps Dimension would do better on another, more modern format because one host for the forum was already lost and there is some weird past history of who actually "owns" the forum, and Mel is the only person left to run it.
There is a general trend that forums in this format online will eventually phase out, especially with the end of flash coding coming up in two years. When that happens I do not know if this site will be effected. It is somewhat likely that it will. If it isn't effected by Flash coding it will almost definitely be effected by new user privacy laws at some point which may force-delete old content.

Perhaps a Discord group could be good for dimension because it is more stable and modern than Skype, more friendlier to large groups than Skype and you can voice chat and screenshare as well. It also has a bit of a "wall" like format like Facebook. If not Discord, maybe another place or something Mel is more familiar with.

What do you guys think?
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why? Empty Re: Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why?

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm all for starting fresh; this place at this point is a tremendous archive of information and insights from the articles and deep discussions of years past and the main reason it's still here.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why? Empty Re: Community discussion: This place actually has a lot of lurkers but nobody posts very often xD Why?

Post by Zen Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:56 pm

melodiccolor wrote:I'm all for starting fresh;  this place at this point is a tremendous archive of information and insights from the articles and deep discussions of years past and the main reason it's still here.

Yeah maybe in our chat people will have more ideas too.

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:14 am

Zen wrote:
Wonder if perhaps Dimension would do better on another, more modern format because one host for the forum was already lost and there is some weird past history of who actually "owns" the forum, and Mel is the only person left to run it.
There is a general trend that forums in this format online will eventually phase out, especially with the end of flash coding coming up in two years. When that happens I do not know if this site will be effected. It is somewhat likely that it will. If it isn't effected by Flash coding it will almost definitely be effected by new user privacy laws at some point which may force-delete old content.

Perhaps a Discord group could be good for dimension because it is more stable and modern than Skype, more friendlier to large groups than Skype and you can voice chat and screenshare as well. It also has a bit of a "wall" like format like Facebook. If not Discord, maybe another place or something Mel is more familiar with.

What do you guys think?

Ahh *runs and saves favorite insights*

Forums are my favorite mode of interaction, what a bummer. Open to wherever we end up though.
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Cat wrote:
Zen wrote:

What do you guys think?

Forums are my favorite mode of interaction, what a bummer. Open to wherever we end up though.
Don't worry, this site is not about to close. I prefer forums to other social media too; it's more conductive to deep discussion and gets around different time zones, allowing for those discussion to happen over time. Perhaps one day Dimension will revive, or someone will start a new forum. But the insights here are to invaluable to allow them to go poof.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Cat wrote:
Zen wrote:

What do you guys think?

Don't worry, this site is not about to close.  I prefer forums to other social media too;  it's more conductive to deep discussion and gets around different time zones, allowing for those discussion to happen over time.  Perhaps one day Dimension will revive, or someone will start a new forum.  But the insights here are to invaluable to allow them to go poof.

Yuss exactly those reasons! Depth and continuity. Good to know they aren't going anywhere <3
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 am

Zen wrote:I feel that this place has unintentionally become pretty negative

This is totally, for me anyways, expected because people are so self-centered. Helping others is one way to get out of the negativity.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:11 am

Were you guys still unable to get the discord to work?
I asked some other friends and Samt03 was able to get in there so I don't know what is happening.

I get change is hard and all, and technology is annoying but seems way better than posting like three times a year.

I just moved to a new house so I was MIA without internet for like a week if any of you guys went in there and I wasn't around.

Last edited by Zen on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:38 am

RBM wrote:
Zen wrote:I feel that this place has unintentionally become pretty negative

This is totally, for me anyways, expected because people are so self-centered. Helping others is one way to get out of the negativity.
There's a lot of attention seekers too sadly.
And negative attention is the kind "victims" seem to accumulate best, a bad cycle; to always be victims of something or other.

Thoughts of how we can inspire this healing helping thing?

A lot of HSPs have complained that it is pretty draining to support others (ironically), emotionally and physically.
Since I've been a career moderator, obviously I have dedicated years of my life to doing that and I have to say the only thing that seems to work without a drain effect is to have fun, be yourself and simply invite others to come along. If it really is a positive and joy filled space to be in, people take away whatever they need without this draining therapy session thing that seems to happen a lot on dimension.

Right now the solution to me seems to be to invite you guys to make a group on discord. I think it will be worth it even if it is uncomfortable to change at first.
If you prefer not to though, that's fine too.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:46 am

melodiccolor wrote:
Cat wrote:
Zen wrote:

What do you guys think?

Don't worry, this site is not about to close.  I prefer forums to other social media too;  it's more conductive to deep discussion and gets around different time zones, allowing for those discussion to happen over time.  Perhaps one day Dimension will revive, or someone will start a new forum.  But the insights here are to invaluable to allow them to go poof.

Nobody posted in like a year Mel @_@.

if you want this place to revive it's probably like now or never, and the only way it's going to stay active is to evolve and start another journey.
And if you want some more real good adventuring and deep convos and all that stuff, you might have to open to them and let go of some past ones.

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down