The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe cooking utentils.

2 posters

Go down

Safe cooking utentils. Empty Safe cooking utentils.

Post by Alethia Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi everyone, hope your all going well.

Just tossing it out there to the sensitive's about what they would regard as a pot, pan that would be the healthiest to cook in.

I have done some research and haven't come up with anything that is proving to be hands down the best. And it appears most utensils have some issue with regards to leeching including stainless steel?

I always thought stainless steel the way to go, but now have concerns about it leeching nickel and another metal.

Have any of you done research into what might be the best, safest alternative?

Even walking through the pan/utensil section today my tongue/taste was signalling metal aversion just by being immersed in them and talking to the lady about them.

I am wondering about clay pots but how do you determine purity etc?

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Safe cooking utentils. Empty Re: Safe cooking utentils.

Post by Alethia Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Thanks for the link Alethia. I've read of the problems of different cookware too and decided that since I'd been using stainless steel for pretty much everything for over 40 years without a problem, that it was likely to be ok; my intuition was telling me so. The link confirms what I sensed, that the leaching is only under certain circumstances and at levels that are not harmful.

There is no completely safe cookware. I've read studies that regardless of what you use, just cooking food introduces toxins. Well, all foods contain tiny amounts naturally anyway, at levels far below concern when eating a healthy variety of good foods.

There are so many ways to spread fear, and it seems this is yet another way. It makes it easy to sell people on solutions to things that aren't really problems.

That said, there is valid concern for Teflon coated and cheap aluminum cookware.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alethia Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Thanks, I am in need to buy new cookware so I wanted to make sure I didn't buy something that was really not the right move. Seems we on the same page re this issue. I have to buy a stainless steal frypan but I realized I can buy one without nickel just chromium. The one I purchased has 10 of nickel which after some reading, shows it is pretty bad for your health. I believe it keeps the shine in the stainless? Anyway going back today to see if I can get one without nickel, it may mean a duller finish over time but I don't care about that.
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down