The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously.....

4 posters

Go down

Seriously..... Empty Seriously.....

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Last edited by Merlin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Seriously..... Empty Re: Seriously.....

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 pm

I guess with this group, it can be hard to tell sometimes when someone is serious or not. But the "constitution" draft is in fact serious, even if Reb is disavowing any responsibility for it. What Strawberry and I have contributed has been serious.

Somehow, with this group, progress happens in spite of the clowning around. It is unusual and takes some getting used to, I will admit. But you are becoming a member of this insane assylum; welcome! Wink

I think what is confusing you is group dynamics going on in the background. But all the pieces to put it together on where we are and the general vision are in 3 threads: Justin's "Finding a Host"; it emphasizes the desire for creativity and stability; Reb's "Constitution for the Nothing forum" outlining what we're about; and my "Update so far" thread summarizing things.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Wed May 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Logan, i have a seriously hard time taking much serious, until i get serious, and then i'm way too serious.

so, given the Constitution draft....what do you have to add? what do you want to change? do you have an outline that you want to throw out for consideration?

i've worked 80 hour weeks, and then flown home for 9 hours, and then had to go to the office to get screamed at (which i dint take to well, and it resulted in more screaming...which came close to wwe a few times, or more likely 'ultimate fighting' since my second level boss knew karate, and so did i). i work pretty dang hard around here about 5 days a week; there is a path. being serious won't keep us on the path any more than being as goofy as goofy-how do we define a path, when there are those who won't speak up, or who think what 'is' is ok, and don't think they need to, or they got an emergency today, or they just don't see this as 'that serious'. holy confucius, it sounds just like my old office! lol!

what's next? where do YOU want to go with this forum? i cut off a piece of myself with the Constitution....graft yourself on, dude. you're welcome to stick your oar in the water anywhere on any side of the boat....just don't paddle so hard backwards we wind up on yesterday....lol!

Smile
reb

melodi, am i being mercurial again? prolly...i caint hep it...i'm feeling the universe today, and it feels good. going to go work on the generator...if i get it running, i'm going to cut the extra metal off the tab i welded on the tractor weight mount....when i come back, i hope y'all have all this finished, ok? lol! (just joking...i have 20 or so years left if i make the actualization tables...any time in the next 20 years will suit me fine...) if you find anyoen who wants to get generated, send 'em my way...(i hope...dang thing may not start!)

by the way, my old motto on my desk was 'lead, follow, or get out of the way'. Logan, pick lead, and i'll follow. i may be laughing back there, but i'll help paddle....don't mistake laughter for fucking off....
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Logan, the rest of us have gotten used to Reb's style of creative process. He does joke around, but for him, it's often a process of free association. What often comes out of it when he gets serious again is sometimes brilliant and always worth considering.

It sound like you are more used to a serious style of designing things. Many of us can go either way. From the outside, it will seem like a wild ride, illogical, nonsensical, hopeless. Just trust me on this, it is not. This forum idea was hatched between others here, including myself, using the same process. We didn't just simply spring the vision full blown onto everyone, because one of the central ideas was to have the group own it, so it wouldn't fall apart if it's creators had to leave for awhile. Rl, does have a way of doing that. But the basic idea is all here in this forum.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Thu May 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Logan, absolutely. no dress code, but dresses are allowed; and SOME KIND OF COVERING IS ENCOURAGED! lol!

i used to do the 'sport coat, tie, button down, wing tip' thing....at some point, i realized, it not only wasn't me, but it wasn't even appreciated....and i quit. no lie, hung up all that crap in the closet, and wore jeans and sandals to work; when i had to meet with a contractor, i put on the uniform-the contractor guys were professionals in dress and conduct, but at the installation i was at, i dint consider them professionals anymore (well, a few, but they had come around to my thinking mostly, or vicey versey-professionalism is in what one does, not what one wears). been loosening up ever since...it's wonderful-who in the f am i trying to impress, anyway? nobody-there's no one TO impress.

for me, the turning point in the last few years was a book called 'the gifted person' i think it was-someone tell me if they have a link to the book; maybe i dreamed it....a lady on aimoo, or hspots turned me on to it; after i read it, i kinda came unglued some.....and i've never used the glue again.....there is no point in the glue for me....what am i glued to?????

anyway, elmer has called me 'the wascally wabbit' a few times, and i don't hold it against him.....crunch, crunch....

Smile
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu May 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Logan, absolutely. no dress code, but dresses are allowed; and SOME KIND OF COVERING IS ENCOURAGED! lol!

But not required. Suspect mrgreen big grin whee!
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adain Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 am

Reb,
What was the name of that book? (just curious)
adain
adain

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 10, 2008 12:37 am

Adain, I think he is referring to "The Gifted Adult"; I think he and I have talked about it before.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sat May 10, 2008 11:33 pm

yay! thanks, melodi...Adain, i got my copy off amazon for $10 (i tink that included shipping), and, after reading it and going whacky, i promptly offered it to the first person who promised they would read it; sent it to them, but they had to promise to pass it to someone else after they read it...(my idea flopped, i think, but it was worth a try). the thinking in that book is worth spreading around...Smile
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum