The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venus Project

3 posters

Go down

The Venus Project Empty The Venus Project

Post by Nucky Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 pm

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

I came across this website today and found it intriguing. What are your thoughts?

I think it's a nice concept, but it will never work in practice. Most people are selfish and have too much of a "what's in it for me?" mentality for it to work. I think that many people are that way by nature, and it is not something that can be corrected by education.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Venus Project Empty Re: The Venus Project

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:43 am

I think it might work if people were born and raised to it, and there were no outside influences. But that is only conjecture. I feel pretty cynical about the human race myself.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:38 pm

I think it is a wonderful idea and I would hope that we eventually get to a point where the world is like this. However, I agree with Blue, I think if one were born into it and not corrupted, then it could work. When I start to get too cynical I think about people like my nephew, the firefighter, police officers, servicemen, people who run food banks/shelters, doctors who work at free clinics etc. and I still hold out hope for us little beasties on this planet because selfless does still exist.

I think it's great to want to change the whole world, but sometimes because it seems so far off (which it probably is) we let ourselves get depressed we don't do anything, because what's the point. The point is that even if the little you CAN do only helps one or two people that day or that week or whatever, it is still one or two people and it matters to those one or two people. We still have to try. **sorry if I'm sounding preachy or off subject here** Embarassed Sorry.

My nephew's wife posted this on his fb page after one of her coworkers was a little snotty about his income:

"Oh your a firefighter, that's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make?" "What do I make? I make holding your hand seem like the biggest thing in the world when I'm cutting you out of a car. I can make 5 minutes seem like a lifetime when I go in a burning house to save your family. I make those annoying sirens seem like angels when you need them. I can make your children breathe when they stop. I can help you survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 3am to risk my life to save people I've never met. Today I might make the ultimate sacrifice to save your life. I make a difference what do you make?"
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down