The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing "Spot the HSP!"

5 posters

Go down

Playing "Spot the HSP!" Empty Playing "Spot the HSP!"

Post by Jo Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 am

Do you ever play "Spot the HSP!", ie "diagnose" people who you think are highly sensitive? I talk about this in a new podcast episode at http://mylifeasanhsp.podbean.com, because I happened to see actress Ashley Judd on tv and immediatley thought she must be a Highly sesnitive person.
Jo
Jo

http://www.mylifeasanHSP.podbean.com

Back to top Go down

Playing "Spot the HSP!" Empty Re: Playing "Spot the HSP!"

Post by mtngrl123 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 am

Smile

I understand what you are saying. I do something similar but a little different with people I meet. I try to feel the person and from that decide how much of "me" I am willing to share. Not meant to be judgemental but rather more of a protective reaction. I have learned that some people are not able to understand what I feel. And if I proceed to share with them, very often it leads to uncomfortable silence. But when I do encounter another hsp, I cannot help but smile. The smile communicates...." you get it don't you." A feeling many hsps have felt when we meet one of our kind.

Love hearing your podcasts...great job!
mtngrl123

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 pm

I do the same...
With many people it is obvious immediately that they are sensitive, but with others (like myself- in person) it is not so obvious- the cards are kept close to the chest until there is reason to open up. Of course some emotions are impossible to hide, like the tears during an emotional movie... Embarassed
I am quick to open up to people that are open with me, and I will risk exposing more to find out if those that I meet are; but to those that are not at least somewhat sensitive I will stay more hidden myself, and they may never really get to know the real me.
I know that my very favourite actors and artists are sensitive persons. I relate to, and am attracted to their emotion (and usually intelligence). There is generally a sparkle in their eyes, and a depth of thought and emotion that I understand and want to interact with. The emotions of songwriters are very obvious when listening to their music, and I really relate to the "tortured artists"...
Interestingly enough, having lived with a bipolar person, and after dealing with her depression (and my own, and that of other family members), I find that I can usually identify others suffering from the same, without even needing to meet them...and somehow I am subconsciously attracted to them, and they "find" me. LOL.
Despite being a thinker, emotions seems to rule my life. Yikes!
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Hmmmm.....I have a reputation for spotting other HSPs and helping them discover who they are very often. There is a certain feeling about another HSP, a resonance that seems to be rather unmistakable.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:27 pm

I often notice certain things that stand out about some people, like an ability to appreciate deep conversation, an ability to appreciate certain types of music and art, an ability to see beneath the surface, and other traits, and wonder if that person may be HSP. None of these things make one an HSP of course, but seeing a combination of these things in a person sometimes makes me wonder.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down