Gleeks

Go down

default Gleeks

Post by Reamsie on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I don't know if anyone else here has been watching Glee or not, but if you haven't it is well worth the backtract to get caught up before the second season starts. The basic premise is that the Spanish teacherMr. Shuester, of William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio decides to form a glee club. The principle doesn't really want to waste money on a glee club so he makes a deal with Mr. Shuester that if his club places at the regional competition, it can stay. In the mean time money has to be taken out of the budget for the high school's national championship cheerleading squad affectionately known as the "Cheerios". This of course causes friction and the head cheerleading coach Sue Slyvester to make it her mission to get rid of the glee club. Oh and then there is the small matter of their main competition at regionals being three time national champions known as "Vocal Adrenaline".

Anyway way more info than you needed right? Very Happy This show was a surprise hit in the ratings and is up for like eight emmy nominations. Fans of the show call themselves gleeks. So anyway it is one of my guilty pleasures. I can't stop listenting to the season finale number.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

default Re: Gleeks

Post by Alethia on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey another gleek....I have friend here who is addicted in a big way.......I did only catch the end of the finale...but what I saw looked great..especially the music...I might have to check it out next season Very Happy
Alethia
Alethia

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 pm

This reminds me of the show Fame.

Absurdity is one of the great joys of life.

All you need for a rich life is to see more.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 am

The only real resembalance to Fame is the fact they perform musical numbers throughout the show. Fame was alot more dramatic.

Glee doesn't take itself too seriously. It's about a group of mostly outcasts, that are brought together by this teacher. He wants them to have something to feel good about, to show them they are good at something and they can have dreams. That's what glee club was for him in high school.

Mr. Schuester is played by Matthew Morrison who is a very talented Broadway performer. A clip of him as Mr. Schuester competing against Neil Patrick Harris (who guest starred this season) for a part in a community theater production. It's "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.--The Tenth Doctor, Blink
Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

A funny concept would be a glee club that sings nothing but dark music, like Black Sabbath and stuff.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reamsie on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Well they haven't done Sabbath yet, but they did do a couple of KISS songs in the episode "Theatricality". The Glee version of Beth.

Reamsie
Reamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum