The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc.

5 posters

Go down

Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc. Empty Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc.

Post by Fossy Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 am

I'm sorry I wasn't active in the voting process. I didn't really look much at this board since yesterday. But I think someone should get at least three warnings before getting banned from the site (well I mean I guess this depends on what they do, obviously pretending to be someone else or posting private information would warrant a more strict action than other things) and I think they should get a chance to explain. And please if I do something wrong that violates the code, can an admin or mod or whatever please tell me explicitly that I am being warned and I have such and such amount of warnings left and tell me what I did that violated the code so I know, and tell me in pms, not on the board in front of everybody. lol

I don't have any problem with the constitution, but if people are going to get warnings just please make it clear to them that they are being warned and tell them why. There have been past instances on other message boards I was a member of where people were just banned and supposedly didn't know that they had been warned.

I'm sure you guys would be more than fair about this anyway, but I'm just trying to make that clear. I think there maybe needs to be more clarification on the parts that I have mentioned. Sorry that I'm bothering you guys about this after you already had it finalized. pig
Fossy
Fossy

http://www.myspace.com/freaklm

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc. Empty Re: Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc.

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm

I think that Fossy has some good points here. I think it's important to be very clear and to take care of this kind of business through PM's and not on the open board.
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc. Empty Re: Just wanted to get more specifics about rules/punishments, etc.

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Guys, please go back and read the thread about developing the constitution. There are no set number of warnings. The idea is every effort will be made to resolve a problem before anything like a temporary banning will even be considered. It is only after everything else has failed that this step will be taken; or if things are rapidly deteriorating and there is no other solution. Bannings are reserved for things like stalking, trolling and other things mentions in the legal section. We hope never to have to ban for any legnth of time, nor call for a resolution by voting. We also made it clear that these matters would be taken care of privately when possible. Logan, you were there for the discussion.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:37 pm

I know I was there, I'm just supporting Fossy. Very Happy
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Ah.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Well didn't you say something about warnings and town meetings, and mods talking to people?
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Guys, please go back and read the thread about developing the constitution. There are no set number of warnings. The idea is every effort will be made to resolve a problem before anything like a temporary banning will even be considered. It is only after everything else has failed that this step will be taken; or if things are rapidly deteriorating and there is no other solution. Bannings are reserved for things like stalking, trolling and other things mentions in the legal section. We hope never to have to ban for any legnth of time, nor call for a resolution by voting. We also made it clear that these matters would be taken care of privately when possible. Logan, you were there for the discussion.

Oh okay. I didn't fully read what you wrote before I had responded. Sorry. Just ignore my above post. lol
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Too late; I was just about to clarify: I will for others who may read this. Here is a quote from the constitution that lays it out clearly:

The administrators and moderators will only take action when things start to get out of control in a dispute and it is clear that the problem will not resolve itself, but only worsen. Depending on the severity of the problem, moderators will first try to resolve things by talking to the affected parties privately. If that doesn’t resolve things or the problem is more severe than that, then moderators or administrators may freeze a thread, set up a “town meeting” in order for members to vote after laying out the problem and some possible solutions. During this time, people involved in a dispute are asked to not talk about it on the forum. If they persist, they may be temporarily banned
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah I think I just needed clarification that you would make sure that offenders knew they were being warned. Because there can be confusion. I've seen it happen before. I read it and everything but I've had bad experiences so I think I just needed it reaffirmed from you guys or whatever. Sorry about that.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Fossy,

here's your three warnings:

1. WARNING!

2. WARNING!!

3. WARNING!!!

don't ever say 'reb, ya dint warn me.' lol!
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm

lol, oh hush you!
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:36 am

lol Smile Oh, glad all is clarified then!! Smile

So Logan is now Merlin -? /I was wondering who the new dude was lol/ cool nick, though!! Smile Love the avatar too!!

Fossy, I think it would be safe to say everyone would get at least 3 PMs with a warning or such from moderators before anything drastic - right, Melodic?
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah Melodi said people would only be banned temporarily if it was something really bad, that could not be resolved on here and/or wouldn't settle. I can't see the mods and admins on this site just banning somebody.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Strawberry, relax. There is no set number of anything. It is whatever the individual situation calls for is how it will be dealt with. With the group we have now, so far no one has behaved in such a manner to even consider temporary banning, and I doubt they will.

Again, let me emphasize that it will only be considered when it is clear that all other methods of resolution will not work. I expect such a situation to be somewhat rare.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:45 pm

i would like mine medium rare, please.

i got the 'ban can', and it's waiting just for you! Wink

everyone has got ths stuck in their brain, and it's been what....maybe 3 months since the last goat rope.....three months before that....and three months before that....it's starting to look like'banning' is an ongoing mind set....why don't everyone just 'not think about banning'? it used to be just a deodorant, not a way of life.....y'all gots to calm down....chill, peeples...
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:16 pm

It's hard not to think about banning when stuff has happened to you on the internet like that. But I do agree that people should try not to worry about it. I'm not worried about it anymore just to make it clear to people. Very Happy

EDIT: I was talking about all of this on the 13th.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:48 pm

and, by dang, you're still talking about it! a perpetual motion engine....gotta go to the patent office! lol!
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fossy Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:51 pm

????????????

I'm only talking about it because it was brought up again and someone said people needed to calm down. Rolling Eyes

I was initially responding to Strawberry. I think it's kind of obvious that I'm not talking about it in the same way I was originally. Geez louise.
Fossy
Fossy

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:58 pm

the words change, but the song's the same. we won't be fooled again! dah dah dadahhhhh! and i'm only responding because you're still talking about it...who will give up first? place your bets.....odds are 5 to 1 for rebel.....heyaheya takin' bets on the side...

are you calm yet? lol!

(i'm in the house, i'm resting....i got lots of energy! heeheee and full of devilment....it's right next tothe condomints)
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by StrawberryLife Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 am

lol Reb's been feeling musical, eh? Smile

You do know Fossy he just likes to tease us sometimes, don't you? Smile alien drunken king queen

'Tests the limits of our endurance' (kinda my Dad's genes, I guess, when he intentionally crosses Mom to make her a 'saint' Smile) Or just male genes in general? Suspect affraid

Glad all is well though... Smile beatingheart flower
StrawberryLife
StrawberryLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down