The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Healthy Skeptic

2 posters

Go down

The Healthy Skeptic Empty The Healthy Skeptic

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 pm

There was an interesting article in my local newspaper yesterday about the book "The Healthy Skeptic" by Robert J. Davis about cutting through the hype about our health. In it, he list some good web sites to use to evaluate health claims that appear in the news or trends that become popular.

PubMed www.pubmed.gov is written with health professionals in mind but allows you to search for just about any published health or medical article by author, topic or journal

Health News Review www.healthnewsreview.org is an award winning web site that evaluates accuracy, balance and completeness of news reports about research findings

Quackwatch www.quackwatch.org has a mission to combat health related frauds, myths, fads, fallacies and misconduct

Integrity in Science Database www.cspinet.0rg/integrity/about.html Offered by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, this database identifies corporate donors who support nonprofit groups--and information regarding industry support for scientists and universities.

Center For Medical Consumers www.medicalconsumers.org This independent group critically evaluates the evidence for medical and public health practices.

I hope people find this useful. I think I will
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Healthy Skeptic Empty Re: The Healthy Skeptic

Post by reb Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 pm

looked intersting to me...especially quack watch...if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and sends you huge bills in the mail (that's why they call them bills)....it must be a quack! lol!

passing on to the email list three fo those...thanks!

reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm

I was thinking of you (as well as a few others) when I posted these.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down