The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk! Empty Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk!

Post by namasteheather Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:26 pm

So.....
Did anyone else think maybe that woman who was leading Daniel to the bomb was his mother? And if Charles Widmore was there at the same time, maybe he is dan's father? I mean why would he be so interested in Dan's work, and how would Daniel have gotten into it to begin with?
I also wonder if Widmore didn't lie to Desmond to get him to go to LA so that he could go back to the island with everyone else. Although I'm not sure why Widmore would want that, since he seems to be working against the Others and Ben.
So cute that Desmond and penny named their son Charlie!
It is strange, it seems like a lot of the characters are returning to their previous lives. Kate is on the run again. Sayed is a contract killer working for someone he doesn't like because he has to, Hurley is in a mental hospital, Jack is an addict. Except for Sun. She just freaks me out! I have no idea what she is thinking or what her motives are in anything.
I wonder if they go back, maybe if they turn the clock back, will Jin be alive again? Will Charlie be alive again? What about Claire?

Also I crack up at the extra people they keep adding that you have never seen before. Oh really? You're on a small island for this long and there's someone you've never met before? Whatever! And that person is like the red shirt guy on Star Trek: Destined to die.

I hate Rose and Bernard. They are the worst actors ever! They have no chemistry, they don't even seem to be comfortable in each other's presence, much less a married couple. Why can't they just die?
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk! Empty Re: Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk!

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about "Ellie"--- Eloise Hawking? Why indeed would Widmore follow Daniel's work so closely.

Are the "dead" people that everyone keeps seeing really time travelers?

Richard is really a trip, isn't he? What is he, some kind of alien or something? Or has the island, with its powers to heal, given him long, long life?

It is cool that Desmond and Penny named their kid Charlie. I worry about Penny. What is going to happen to her? And wasn't it awesome has Des just burst into Widmore's office like that? And weird that Widmore just helped him.

Speaking of Rose and Bernard, where the hell are they, and all of the rest of the "red shirts"? Last time we saw them they were running from the flaming arrows. Are they skipping around in time somewhere else on the island? And if so, why didn't the others round them up too.

Notice how Juliet called Latin the "language of the Enlightened". Is that what the others call themselves?

I think Jin is alive. I don't think he died when the boat blew up. But I think that Sun thinks he did. She wants revenge on Ben for the death of Jin and that's why she is teaming up with Widmore. Who else but Widmore could really get Ben?

So, do you think that maybe Widmore and Eloise had to turn the "donkey wheel" to save the island from the military? Remember that whoever turns that thing has to leave and "never come back--- supposedly". Is that why they both seem to want to get back to the island so badly, assuming that Ellie is Daniel's mother, and she is the same person who tried to talk Desmond out of buying an engagement ring for Penny and just recently showed up in the church in LA with Ben.

Some of my main "I want to know..."s
WHAT is the island?
Who/what is Jacob?
What is the smoke monster?
Who are the four toe people who made the statue?
How and Why are dead people talking/appearing to live people?
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk! Empty Re: Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk!

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Okay, here is a question (I love ruminating about this damn show)....

We know Jacob lives in that cabin, but the cabin was built by that Dharma guy in the seventies.
We also know Jacob was around in 1954 in "Jughead" because Richard seems to recognize the name when Locke throws it out there.
So, where was Jacob "living" in 1954? Do you think he was actually alive then and not a ghost? Maybe he was the leader then and was just off somewhere. Richard is always around but never the "leader".
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:50 am

Oh my gosh my head is spinning from this show, lol! I never even thought that the woman leading Daniel to the bomb could be his mother... although I felt that there was some kind of weird chemistry between them. And what's with Charlotte?? Why did she start getting nosebleeds and die? I loved the part with Penny and Desmond but I feel like when I watch the show I just expect something bad is going to happen, so when he said there was lots of blood I assumed she was going to miscarry and was so happy that she didn't. But I was sad that they couldn't escape the island and are going back to LA. I just want them to be able to live a peaceful happy life!
Yes everyone did kind of go back to their pre island roles which is interesting. Sun yeah... she seems pretty ruthless, but I think it is because she wants revenge. Strange she would team up with Widmore though. And I'm not convinced Jin died either, the entire ship didn't explode. I seem to recall there was an episode where Sun was at Jin's graveyard and he was watching her from a distance but couldn't reveal himself. Maybe I"m making things up but I seem to recall that he isn't really dead.
Okay another question, why is Locke supposed this Bentham guy and dead in the funeral parlour in LA?? And Richard yeah, weird why is he always the same age? Maybe he is from the island somehow and therefore doesn't age... And who are these soldiers at the camp, at first I thought they were US soldiers and it was in the Pacific during WWII but then they said 1954 so what the?? And they have British accents? And ones of them is Charles Widmore!!!
Yeah I noticed the "ensigns" as I call them this time, just random people you've never seen before. I mean that one guy who was whining and complaining, Neal I think it was? I knew he was going to bite it. And who on earth were shooting the flaming arrows at them. Ohhhhhhhh...
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Well it is odd because John Locke is the name of a philosopher, and Bentham is the philosopher who came up with utilitarianism.
Also, "faraday" refers to a principle of electromagnetism. I don't know all the details, but just thought it was interesting.

I think the "soldiers" at the camp are just the precursors to the others, maybe before they got their houses built there.

Charlotte started getting nosebleeds and died, maybe because she had a form of the disease that Desmond had in his time travel episode? And that guy on the ship, the one who was played by Fisher Stevens? Although her course was different, she didn't space out like the other ones did.

I thought Penny was going to miscarry too. What got to me was that the dock he ran down and beach looked so much like the dock and the beach on the island.

I do wonder if the smoke monster and the other weird phenomenon they saw on the island the first season wasn't some kind of force on the island that reads people's subconscious minds and creates images. Such as Kate seeing the horse, Jack seeing his father, Hurley seeing the guy from the nuthouse, etc. etc. I wonder if the smoke monster isn't some kind of group hallucination, but then who would it have killed mr. ecko?
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Also another thing that has bothered me is that when they were showing how strong the magnetic force was in the hatch, when it started to pull things off the shelves, wouldn't it have pulled people's fillings out?
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:52 pm

omg...I only have one thing to say... JIN!!!!!!!!!!
I knew he wasn't dead!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Oooo when I heard them speaking French, I thought Rousseau!!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:44 pm

I just have to say to Sun "you never leave a child in the car by himself, even for a second. Even if you're going to go kill the person you feel is responsible for the death of your baby's father." Very Happy

I don't get how Kate can look so good without makeup and with makeup.

I wonder what would have happened if Sawyer had gone over and talked to Kate. Would the future Kate suddenly have a new memory? Would she have turned around and gone back to the beach and asked him about it and he was wearing something different and looked different?

And when the hell is Daniel going to take off his tie? My god, it's a tropical island! You can relax and loosen up a little bit! Isn't he hot all buttoned up like that?

How does Juliet stay so pale and white?

How on earth would Claire's mother not know who Aaron was? They had press conferences and they were all famous, and she was in Australia where Oceanic is based. She had to have known!

Where are Rose and Bernard though all of this? I thought they were stuck in the same time wave as Juliet, Sawyer, et al. But I guess they're just off on their own somewhere? I hope they die.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Hmm yeah I guess the group of people at the beach including Rose, Bernard and all the other "red shirts" have gone off somewhere else... it's weird how they aren't showing them at all, then at some point they will pop up again.
I can't remember, but maybe they didn't show Aaron at the press conference? Maybe they didn't mention that there was a baby at all? Oh no wait, yeah I remember Kate saying she was pregnant on the island and had a baby, but I don't recall if they said his name. Yeah Julie is all pale. I keep thinking about the fact that they are wearing the same piece of clothing for months? lol And yeah I just laugh at the fact that Farady is still in his tie, like he is still being the scientist or something, I don't know.
When Faraday went and spoke to Desmond when he came out of the hatch suddenly there was a new memory so I guess that is what would have happened. Aw Sawyer's still in love with Kate!! I never saw the episode when Aaron was born so it was kind of neat to see that.
Man I was literally yelling at the TV last night when they showed Jin and then the young Rousseau and then when Sun got out of the car with the gun to kill Ben (yeah weird that she would leave the baby in the car alone like that).
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 pm

I kept going "Oh my god! Oh my god!"
I knew once they showed that raft and the storm that it was probably going to be Rousseau's group. They never did explain what all the quarantine stuff was about, or what disease the rest of her group died from. They never explained why Desmond had to take those shots either.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 am

Daniel could talk to Desmond and give him a "future memory" because he is his "constant". Remember that episode The Constant? That was how Desmond was saved from going insane or dying or something.
Remember Daniel saying that they couldn't change the past, that if it didn't happen it couldn't happen? I don't think Sawyer could have talked to Kate if it didn't happen, unless Kate is his constant. Then he can....
Daniel does need to take off his tie.
I knew Jin wasn't dead.
And Sun really needs to take a chill pill.
Ben is really diabolical. What is his ultimate game? I hope the island doesn't let him back on.
And I don't think Locke is really dead either. Maybe the guy in the coffin is the future version and Locke is still alive in "real time". LOL.

I knew the minute they started the time travel stuff they would bring back the past Rousseau. That story line was just too interesting to die. We needed some explanations there--- like so many things.
And BTW, I don't think the present Rousseau is really dead. She was shot but we never saw the wound, not like Ben's daughter's boyfriend.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Hmmm. Maybe Ben's daughter will come back too. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people "come back from the dead". Things just got even more interesting with this time travel stuff!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by WissyWig Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:23 am

Wow.

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Talk about LOST season five-spoilers abound, enter at your own risk! Rofl2

I love reading these threads, though. It's fascinating to see how complex these things get, especially when you have no idea what's going on. chuckle
WissyWig
WissyWig

http://www.myspace.com/designs-by-indigolden

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:33 am

Well WW, you got to start watching LOST. You can probably go to the internet TV site and watch past episodes.
It is actually quite intelligent. There is nothing on there that doesn't mean something. It's fun mining out all the occult information.
You'd probably like it.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:03 pm

I haven't watched Lost from the beginning, I only started watching last season and gave up because I was so confused all the time. Then I started watching the episodes that are aired previous to each episode. They have these little pop ups that explain what's happening. That's the only way I've gotten somewhat up to speed but I'm still confused a lot of the time!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 pm

It truly is probably the most complicated TV show I have ever seen. That is why I love it so much.
I think though that if you watch from the first season, you just feel so much for the characters and you get hooked on all of them.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Okay this is too weird, but also why I freakin love this show.
I was watching a documentary when RICHARD ALPERT starting speaking he actually says "I'm not Richard Alpert" or something along those lines. Well I had to go and immediately google Richard Alpert... I knew the name was somewhat familiar, he's Ram Dass!!

From Wikpedia: Richard Alpert (born April 6, 1931), also known as Baba Ram Dass, is a contemporary spiritual teacher who wrote the 1971 bestseller Be Here Now. He is well known for his association with Timothy Leary at Harvard University in the early 1960s, both having been dismissed from their professorships for experiments on the effects of psilocybin on human subjects. He is also known for his travels to India and his association with the Hindu guru Neem Karoli Baba.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 am

^^ this is exactly what I'm talking about.
EVERYTHING means something, you just have to figure out what it is.
This is why I love this show.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I just looked up Faraday. From wikipedia:
"Michael Faraday, FRS (22 September 1791 – 25 August 1867) was an English chemist and physicist (or natural philosopher, in the terminology of the time) who contributed to the fields of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.......Faraday's law of induction states that a magnetic field changing in time creates a proportional electromotive force."

There is also something known as the "faraday constant". How funny!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Hmmm gooood show as usual!!

Heh, check this out!

http://ajiraairways.com/

This was featured in the previous show with the popups, you know how the water bottle in the canoe was from Ajira and Juliet said, Ajira Airways out of India??

Last year I remember they had a hotline you could call for information on Oceanic 8 so I called it and it was a whole fake recording hehe. THey really are meticulous.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, the smoke monster is the guardian of a temple.
wow.
All of that ancient stuff... interesting.
Christian in the well, spooky.
I love this show.

Oh and yeah, we knew Charlotte was from the island. Razz

Ben :22.gif:
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 pm

I think that Charlotte and Daniel might be brother and sister. I remember when he said he loved her, he didn't say "I'm in love with her", did he? He just said that he loved her. So it's very Luke and Leia.

I LOL'd when Christian said to Locke "say hi to my son" and he said "who's your son?" So funny that he still doesn't know that he's Jack's dad.

I do wonder why it is that everytime there is a flash, they go to a very important time in the history of the island. I mean there must have been years and years when nothing of imported happened. Yet they are consistently running into important people during very important goings on. I wonder if it is just a plot device or if there is something more to it.

I thought the name "Hawking" was a bit too obvious.

The other day I heard "Tom Sawyer" by Rush and I was thinking it would be cool if someone would do a good youtube montage of Sawyer's best moments to that song. Then I started to think about the lyrics, and it is SO much like him. The part about "atch the mystery"...funny!

A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride,
Todays tom sawyer
Mean mean pride.

Though his mind is not for rent,
Dont put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the days events.
The river

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift.

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Todays tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

No, his mind is not for rent
To any God or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent,
He knows changes arent permanent,
But change is.

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the witness, catch the wit,
Catch the spirit, catch the spit.

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his skies are wide.

Exit the warrior,
Todays tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the energy you trade,
He gets right on to the friction of the day.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Hey great idea Heather!!!!
I will put that on my video agenda (if Reamsie doesn't beat me to it.... )
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 am

Okay, what did everyone think of "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"???

All I can say is WOW HOLY SH---

You go through spells with Ben that you think he might actually be "the good guy" like he always says but this thing with John really takes the cake. I should have known when he killed everyone in the Dharma initiative including his own father, and how he is always saying "who cares" when people bring up the innocent victims he is hurting how evil he really is but Sheeesh.

Oh and Widmore might actually be the good guy????? Ooookay.

It's really cool how things are going from more mysteries to explaining things. It is very satisfying.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:17 pm

My head is still spinning from that episode heh.
Yeah it's that whole thing with Ben... you can never figure out whether he is a good guy or a really evil guy who is good at fooling everybody. Just when you start liking him, he pulls something that makes you hate him again. I think he is a really fascinating character for that reason.
I'm actually not totally convinced that he was being evil by killing John. I was thinking that maybe John had to die for some reason, in order to get everybody to go back to the island. Remember didn't Jacob/Christian say that he had to die? However, rather than letting him hang himself Ben needed to get the information from him (Eloise Hawking) and then had to kill him himself? I'm still not convinced Widmore is the good guy either. I don't know, just a thought... I could not figure out if Ben meant it or not when he said "I'm really going to miss you John".
And why was Ben with the other plane crash survivors on the island not with Jack, Kate and the rest of them?? And furthermore why wasn't John with the rest of them??
God I love this show because it's so damn unpredictable!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:43 am

Okay I'm watching "the life and death..." again and wondering a few things.
First: what is with the red flashes at the beginning like some sort of time schism. During the red flash, the new guy, Ceasar, picks up a gun.
And I'll be damned but the Ajira plane crashed on the adjacent island-- the one they took Jack, Sawyer and Kate to. That is why they aren't with the others--- well not why, but explains how they are separated. The pilot guy and Sun took one of the boats and went to the "main" island.
Next: why weren't the cameras at the "exit" in Tunisia there when Ben appeared there? Or were they....
What was the point of seeing Walt? I'm sure he still has some part to play. He was considered "very special" by the island/others.
Ben is saying John "has to get back to the island" but then after he kills him "I'm really going to miss you..." like he isn't going to see him again... on the island or anywhere else. Confusing.
On another forum they were saying that John had to die to be a Christian surrogate... and that Ben killed John in a way that he could be revived without his neck being broken... kind of weak theory but...
I can not wait to see what John says to Ben on the island. That outta be good.

edit: Ben saying he will miss him does sound sincere. Maybe someone told him to kill John.
This show is something else.

oh, and another thing. Who beat Ben up and why just before they got on the Ajira flight?
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Yes, the John as Christ figure is interesting.
I still don't know what to make of either Widmore or Ben. They both seem equally evil to me.
I would like to know how the future of the island ties in to the survival of humanity like they keep alluding to. "Then god help us all!"

Also I realized that they made a mistake. I think.
Anyone remember the first time on the show when they showed Kate and Jack back in the US in their new lives? I think it might have been the beginning of season four.

In it one of them calls the other and they talk about "him" coming to visit them. Then they meet in that parking lot and Jack tells her that they made a mistake and they have to go back. In that scene, Jack has his beard.

The scenes from the last episode where John goes to talk to Jack, where he is in Jack's hospital, Jack is clean shaven. But that would have been around the same time or even the same day that he talked to Kate and met her in the parking lot.
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueTopaz Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:17 am

^^ you mean in the ep. "The life and death of Jeremy Bentham"?
Jack has a beard when he is sitting with John after the car accident.
BlueTopaz
BlueTopaz

Back to top Go down

Post by namasteheather Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 pm

God now I have to go watch that part again! I could have sworn he was clean shaven!
namasteheather
namasteheather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next