The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it?

+4
melodiccolor
SimplyNan
Rivershine
Fossy
8 posters

Go down

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it? Empty Why does my topic have a heart in front of it?

Post by Fossy Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:21 am

I didn't put that there. I'm just wondering.
Fossy
Fossy

http://www.myspace.com/freaklm

Back to top Go down

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it? Empty Re: Why does my topic have a heart in front of it?

Post by Rivershine Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:13 pm

I made it so that whatever thread you've posted in has a heart. That's true for everyone, not just you. I did that because I wanted to lighten up the board a bit. There had been fighting and hurt feelings going on, and I just thought I would attack the board with cute little hearts. Very Happy
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it? Empty Re: Why does my topic have a heart in front of it?

Post by Fossy Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Oh okay. It's not bad or anything. I was just wondering. lol Very Happy
Fossy
Fossy

http://www.myspace.com/freaklm

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm glad you asked that Fossy, because I was wondering too. Thanks INFP, we were duly attacked, with hearts. Hmm, no wonder we're giving more hugs now. flower
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it? 298310 They're good to give.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Why does my topic have a heart in front of it? 298310
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by petersi Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Was wondering could we also have a similar flag to indicate whether a thread has been read? Very useful for absentminded people like me! Smile

While on this topic, I wonder can I suggest something I saw at another forum website? On that homepage is a summary list of either the most recent threads being responded but have not been read or completely new threads. Once the thread was read, a flag beside it dissappear. This format enable one to quickly zoom into the latest threads that he/she interested without roaming the whole site searching for latest unread threads or new threads. It also avoid "double reading". The various threads are still in its respective sections that the authors posted. The format just have an extra "board" upfront to list all the latest unread threads.
petersi
petersi

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 pm

ummm am i lost or what ? roflol isnt that what the orange tabs for? new postings you have not read are orange. once you have read them its gone. whee!
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucky Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 pm

petersi wrote:Was wondering could we also have a similar flag to indicate whether a thread has been read? Very useful for absentminded people like me! Smile

Gold dots flag the UNread threads.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 am

On the main index page, just below the chat box there are three tabs on the left:

View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts

that will also help you find unread posts.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petersi Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 am

Ahhhh...thanks guys...didnt picked it up! Smile
petersi
petersi

Back to top Go down

Post by edie Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:46 pm

funny mc, i havent used those roflol wonder is that easyer or same as the way i have been doing it? lol try and find out hehe
edie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Well, if you use the tabs, you don't see the main index page again and so miss other stuff that comes in, plus any chats in progress.

Also, neither the yellow dots nor the tabs work perfectly, often they will miss new posts that come in. So I find it best to just double check by scanning the main index page for any posts that came in since I last swept by.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther85 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Lol, I was wondering about that also.
Panther85
Panther85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down