The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time

3 posters

Go down

Time Empty Time

Post by Cat Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am

"Cave says he doesn’t have much time for overtly narrative songs these days, that they feel restrictive: “The idea that we live life in a straight line, like a story, seems to me to be increasingly absurd and, more than anything, a kind of intellectual convenience,” he says. “I feel that the events in our lives are like a series of bells being struck and the vibrations spread outwards, affecting everything, our present, and our futures, of course, but our past as well. Everything is changing and vibrating and in flux."

From this article: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/04/nick-cave-death-son-struggle-write-tragedy

I've always considered time in a web-like visual way, and things like "five year plans" never made sense to me. Social media sites that emphasize linear events/dates kind of depress me and take some element of mystery and complexity out of life...I'm not really concerned when a thing was done as much as what the thing is.

Similar thoughts on age - I see it more as we integrate different ages rather than march on from one to the next. 13-year-old me is still alive and immature as she was then, but now also has the presence of 26-year-old me standing in the same room. More like adding characters to a cast, rather than stepping stones.

Thoughts of any of this?
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Time Empty Re: Time

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm

I'll have to get back to this....in the meantime do a search on "time".... we have LOTS of threads on it. I kind of view it in a similar way as you do.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 pm

melodiccolor wrote:I'll have to get back to this....in the meantime do a search on "time".... we have LOTS of threads on it.  I kind of view it in a similar way as you do.

Will do Smile
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Change is the only thing that goes on, if naturally leading one's life.

Time, as it turns out, is a logical necessity for the model of Consciousness that I use. By it's definition, it's context is digital.
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down