The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art Struggle Questions

2 posters

Go down

Art Struggle Questions  Empty Art Struggle Questions

Post by Cat Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:27 pm

I recently read a book for "The INFJ writer" that talks about how INFJs really struggle with the fact that creative projects will never fully manifest the vision in our heads. The vision is a full-faceted diamond, and a creative project in physical reality can only over be one facet - so we have to learn to let go and work with that.

I torment myself with this A LOT. (As I'm sure most people with creative passions do.)

Something I'm currently struggling with is trying to separate my art from my identity.

I'm trying to make a website to put creative projects on, and I can't decide on a "feel" for the theme/layout because I constantly change moods. Sometimes I want something dark and broody, sometimes I want something light and goofy, etc. Then I spiral into an identity crisis of "holy crap, I can't even decide what I like/who I am!" when in reality these are all various parts of me.

Then I really get myself into trouble when I start thinking "wow, my art/online persona is a lot more vibrant/versatile/engaging than my daily life persona, so I must be some sort of imposter." When again, I think it's pretty common for artists of all types to be shy and introverted.

So just feeling stuck with all of this in general, when I know I shouldn't be wasting time thinking about it and just get on with making things. =/

Messy thoughts as usual, any input on any of this appreciated Smile

Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Art Struggle Questions  Empty Re: Art Struggle Questions

Post by melodiccolor Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Let it go and stop thinking about it. Let your intuition work in the background. It will give you your answer and it will be perfect. For me it usually appears out of the blue while I'm busy doing something else.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Totally just found my answer in the meantime haha!

I've got to learn to wait out these intense moods >_<
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down