The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pueblo and reflections of today

3 posters

Go down

The Pueblo and reflections of today Empty The Pueblo and reflections of today

Post by melodiccolor Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:42 pm

The Greatest Vanishing Act in Prehistoric America http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-greatest-vanishing-act-in-prehistoric-america/

This interesting article has two fascinating stories in it;  the story of an ancient civilization here and what became of it and the story of how they're figuring it out.  The emerging story is part fact, part hypothesis and actually ends on a positive note and offers hope for the situation we face today.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Pueblo and reflections of today Empty Re: The Pueblo and reflections of today

Post by Zen Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Yeah supposedly after they left, their population was absorbed into other groups.
They seemed to leave things as if they intended to come back though, so nobody really knows lol.

I think today is a whole other can of worms. But life goes on, like it did after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

The Pueblo and reflections of today Empty Re: The Pueblo and reflections of today

Post by melodiccolor Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Did you read the article? The theories you learned have changed substantially. And the parallels are clear. The outcome then, what evolved after is positive and offers hope for where things may turn out today, which is in part what makes it such an interesting reflection.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:17 pm

melodiccolor wrote:Did you read the article?  The theories you learned have changed substantially.  And the parallels are clear.  The outcome then, what evolved after is positive and offers hope for where things may turn out today, which is in part what makes it such an interesting reflection.

You mean since I last had a private tour at Mesa Verde by a park ranger living there a year ago?

Yes, I read the article. I like that sort of thing, thanks for posting it! <3
Mesa Verde is one of my favorite places in the US.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by moon river Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 pm

A private tour of Mesa Verde? That sounds like an amazing experience.
moon river
moon river

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down