The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening to spirit

2 posters

Go down

Opening to spirit  Empty Opening to spirit

Post by Zen Mon May 25, 2015 4:57 pm

So I played with the idea of this thread, but then something happened which has told me it's time to make it.

Many people are confused-ified about what spirit is.

I bet, because it makes no sense at all, yet perfect sense if you know what I mean.
Extra Happy

If you don't, bear with me.

confused confused confused confused confused confused

Many people as they put it, "do not believe in spirits."
This is all terminology and identity, and it will keep you from experiencing reality if that is your desire.
Belief systems, which includes science, religions and anything else that qualifies are incomplete ways to understand this world we live in.
So for this thread I ask that you, suspend yours better yet, invite me into it.
My terminology is just words. Over this subject, my belief is people fight over the fine details such as wording or idea difference.

Spirit as I'm calling it, unites things, especially polar opposites. So it makes no sense whatsoever that up and down are the same, as is black and white, as is a rock and a rose bush.
But it does.

No wonder why it is confusing, especially if you think about it too much.

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Opening to spirit  Empty Re: Opening to spirit

Post by Zen Mon May 25, 2015 5:14 pm

The way I see it is, there is a sea of energy we live in. The sea is also time somehow.

Like cells floating around in the sea, we have semi-permiable cell walls. Nutrients, water, whatever else can diffuse across it but the barrier exists to hold you in, and stuff out.

Over time, your mind starts wanting to regulate what goes in and out, filtering stuff.
One way it decides on what to let in and out is based on wording and symbols.
If your brain doesn't comprehend or even feels threatened by something trying to get in or out, it will reject things.
Then your wall becomes less permiable and and more like US boarder security.

What most people forget is, outside and inside are the same. You are simply filtering yourself or keeping yourself out, not taking ownership of all of it. Words and idea differences are simply an excuse not to connect.

The water that goes in and out is your connection to the world which is directly connected to everything.
In essence, everything is a part of each other.
What was in you someone else may find, what you need, someone else may have.
Separation is an illusion, another idea or concept.

Or even a comfort that we can shut down the connection when we want and park somewhere and control the flow.
Fat chance! LOL
Best chance of that is you try not to pay attention to it, and then try to sit like a rock somewhere, grumpy like raising hell.
When you sit like a rock, the ocean pranks you.
Like "how cute, this rock is angry!!!"
It is hard not to notice grumpy rocks, how many do you know?

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon May 25, 2015 6:05 pm

We're very stubborn when it comes to identity.
We're more than one identity, however people feel threatened if you make them examine who they thought they were.
There are identities we don't want to be:
Drug addict
Screw up
Failure
Looser
Worthless
The enemy team
Opposite political team
An identity associated with people we dislike
Bad guy

To give some examples.

There are ones we want to be, ones that we are currently, ones we were, ect.
Some people get hung up focusing on one and think it defines them, or they try to get rid of some identities.

I'ma husband, I'm a Christian, I'm an Aethist, I'm gay, I'm a boy, I'm a girl, I'm an American, I'm Wolverine, I'm a good person, I'm black, I'm hispanic, I'm Chinese, I'm a creative person, I'm a good parent, I speak German, I'm straight, I am poor, I am a middle class worker, I'm Donald Trump, I believe in the Easter bunny, I believe in science, I'm HSP...

There are millions of these on a regular basis.
They are not just words, but whole life styles in some cases. Whole cultures, whole civilizations...
Without some of these identities, you cannot even participate in society.
Social programming is through these.
They are all learned.

Who you think you are is temporary. It changes constantly, but people will resist because then you have to constant ask who am I.

When you don't know, and can't justify or defend yourself to other people, you're in a vulnerable place. Society certainly doesn't know how to treat some of these identities. It doesn't count on infinite individual growth, or spirit connecting everything.

Who you are is not comprehensible I would think. (considering how damn hard it is to figure out) You feel it from second to second.
All of these things are created to describe or pass on human knowledge.

So my suggestion is, stop filtering. Stop picking ones to be and let yourself gain new ones through your connections to others.
Your life is too short to learn them all and do everything. So don't do everything lol. Other parts of you will find you.

Stop thinking of yourself as a persona, stop thinking of spirit, god, the world, or the universe (whatever you wanna call it) as a persona like a character in a book, or an object.
It is and always was you as well as everything else.
Boundaries and barriers were just zones of overlap and connection.

You have limits in your mind's ability to comprehend and compute ideas due to being human, but your full awareness is unlimited.

The more fluid you are, the fuller your connection.
Who you think you are now, won't be who you always are... or maybe it is xD
Sometimes you will even be your old self again.
Smile

Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon May 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Last point, I'm getting kinda tired of typing for now lol.

If you can understand me, then you already know what I am referring to lol.
If you don't understand, feel free to discuss or ask me something in the Sage thread under this one and we can play a self discovery game which is more fun than talking about playing games or journeying.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:27 am

Dig this thread, but I also wanna play the self-discovery game for the sake of it Very Happy
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:04 am

StealthCat wrote:Dig this thread, but I also wanna play the self-discovery game for the sake of it Very Happy

It is fun lol.

right now I am looking at pride, being attached to pride in things I am finding keeps me from discovering fully.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Zen wrote:
StealthCat wrote:Dig this thread, but I also wanna play the self-discovery game for the sake of it Very Happy

It is fun lol.

right now I am looking at pride, being attached to pride in things I am finding keeps me from discovering fully.

Oo great idea. Make any discoveries you want to share? Pride is a major road block for me when it comes to art/creativity - I get too hung up on the idea of perfection rather than just letting ideas flow.
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:28 pm

StealthCat wrote:
Zen wrote:

It is fun lol.

Oo great idea. Make any discoveries you want to share? Pride is a major road block for me when it comes to art/creativity - I get too hung up on the idea of perfection rather than just letting ideas flow.

Somewhere along the way as an artist I've adopted the idea it has to be good and productive (professional) rather than truly expressive or enjoyable to make and that other people have to be able to get it for it to be a valid work of art.
Letting myself be ridiculously stupid and childishly imaginative is hard to me lol.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Zen wrote:

Somewhere along the way as an artist I've adopted the idea it has to be good and productive (professional) rather than truly expressive or enjoyable to make and that other people have to be able to get it for it to be a valid work of art.
Letting myself be ridiculously stupid and childishly imaginative is hard to me lol.

Exactly. I think it all comes down to our culture just equating the whole time is money thing, if it's not "professional" art (and capable of making money) its a valueless use of time. And then throw the pride/perfectionism thing into the mix.... mm yeah, good-bye art.

Have you checked out Julia Cameron's Artist's Way books? They suggest a lot of "inner child/artist" dates. I'm trying to force myself to do more playful activities that are pure "time wasters" to unlock this part of myself again but...erg, its hard.
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 am

StealthCat wrote:
Zen wrote:

Exactly. I think it all comes down to our culture just equating the whole time is money thing, if it's not "professional" art (and capable of making money) its a valueless use of time. And then throw the pride/perfectionism thing into the mix.... mm yeah, good-bye art.

Have you checked out Julia Cameron's Artist's Way books? They suggest a lot of "inner child/artist" dates. I'm trying to force myself to do more playful activities that are pure "time wasters" to unlock this part of myself again but...erg, its hard.

Do you have a link to that on amazon?

I think too everybody has an opinion LOL...
People automatically judge works of art for some reason. Must be ingrained from school or something.
Plus I notice whenever anybody doesn't get or like my creative things, then it shows me painful things sometimes. Like them not being in a space to connect to me, their biases, my biases and so forth.
Vulnerability does that lol.
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:51 am

Ah yeah that's true too, everyone is taught that "art can mean whatever you want it to" so they like to get all judge-y right away.

And I know exactly what you mean about the open nerve with creative works. It's very easy for me to share "safe" things I make - stuff that was created for jobs, stuff that doesn't have too much personal emotion behind it, etc. but the real soul stuff I keep close to the chest.

Here's the main artist's way book - http://www.amazon.com/The-Artists-Way-Julia-Cameron/dp/1585421464 This one is much more focused on a deeep psychological/spiritual overhaul to overcome an art block, but the two main principles in the introduction (The Morning Pages and The Artist Date) I found useful.

And one of the sequels - http://www.amazon.com/Walking-this-World-Practical-Creativity/dp/1585422614/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434268016&sr=1-1&keywords=walking+in+this+world
This one is much more practical and action-oriented (playful tasks and such I mentioned) to regain a sense of childhood wonder. So both are good, but depends on where you you want to start.
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:31 pm

StealthCat wrote:Ah yeah that's true too, everyone is taught that "art can mean whatever you want it to" so they like to get all judge-y right away.

And I know exactly what you mean about the open nerve with creative works. It's very easy for me to share "safe" things I make - stuff that was created for jobs, stuff that doesn't have too much personal emotion behind it, etc. but the real soul stuff I keep close to the chest.

Here's the main artist's way book - http://www.amazon.com/The-Artists-Way-Julia-Cameron/dp/1585421464 This one is much more focused on a deeep psychological/spiritual overhaul to overcome an art block, but the two main principles in the introduction (The Morning Pages and The Artist Date) I found useful.

And one of the sequels - http://www.amazon.com/Walking-this-World-Practical-Creativity/dp/1585422614/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434268016&sr=1-1&keywords=walking+in+this+world
This one is much more practical and action-oriented (playful tasks and such I mentioned) to regain a sense of childhood wonder. So both are good, but depends on where you you want to start.

Thanks!

Bought both books XD
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Zen wrote:
StealthCat wrote:Ah yeah that's true too, everyone is taught that "art can mean whatever you want it to" so they like to get all judge-y right away.

Thanks!

Bought both books XD

Woot! Let me know what you think when you get to them!
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zen Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 pm

StealthCat wrote:
Zen wrote:

Thanks!

Bought both books XD

Woot! Let me know what you think when you get to them!

Will do, they're in the mails!
Zen
Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down