The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Age Bullshit Generator

3 posters

Go down

New Age Bullshit Generator Empty New Age Bullshit Generator

Post by frmthhrt Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

"After sitting through hours of New Age rhetoric, I decided to have a crack at writing code to generate it automatically and speed things up a bit. I cobbled together a list of New Age buzzwords and cliché sentence patterns and this is the result."

"Click the Reionize electrons button at the top of the page to generate a full page of New Age poppycock."

I only tried it once, but it was pretty convincing...LOL
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

New Age Bullshit Generator Empty Re: New Age Bullshit Generator

Post by melodiccolor Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 pm

The 3 times I tried it it wasn't so convincing, just convincingly silly, lol.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frmthhrt Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 pm

lol...it was tongue in cheek...seemed kind of fun.
frmthhrt
frmthhrt

Back to top Go down

Post by RBM Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Sound's like the author himself is tongue-in-cheek, Here's how he goes about learning something new:

A while back, I was on a philosophy debate binge. Watching Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens annihilate their opponents with precision and wit is my idea of a good night in, and YouTube’s “related videos” are a deep, dark rabbithole

The rest of that post is an anti-Deepak post. It's the typical response to noting bad behavior by Deepak, and still being clueless as to the content Deepak was discussing.

It's one reason I never dug into 'rabbit hole' work presented by Deepak.

But here's a quote from that page, from Deepak, that presents the case for the 'rabbit hole', simply and succinctly:

Science is now in a process of overthrowing the climactic overthrow of the superstition of materialism.

Which is true. The case is being made, quite publicly, if one want to look.

For example is the case of TEDX censoring Rupert Sheldrake's video from TEDx's typical place for such works on their servers.

In addition, the guy I follow, who's made lots and lots of sense about the 'rabbit hole', Tom Campbell, has an interview, which is no uncertain terms he supports Sheldrake:

Tom Campbell Supports Dr Rupert Sheldrake's 10 Dogmas of Science>

Tom Campbell, physicist, and author of My Big TOE, responds to Dr Rupert Sheldrake's 10 dogmas of science from Dr Sheldrake's book The Science Delusion (Science Set Free in the US), and discusses the one concept that shakes up materialist worldview scientists the most - Consciousness.

Materialist worldview scientists have taken small steps for man for the past 100 years and now need to understand (fittingly from a NASA physicist) that the next "giant leap for mankind" in science is Consciousness.

Note: MBT theory scientifically derives a supreme being, what Tom calls the Larger Consciousness System, and what some may call God.

So what the OP link author *really* tongue-in-cheek, or was it actually mocking because he contains no understanding of what the 'rabbit hole' is, and isn't and why ?
RBM
RBM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum