The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altering the appearance of the forum

+4
StrawberryLife
melodiccolor
Nucky
Logan (Earthmaiden)
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Altering the appearance of the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Altering the appearance of the forum

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Wed May 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Laughing and rolling We now have one of these
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Altering the appearance of the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Altering the appearance of the forum

Post by melodiccolor Wed May 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Not quite a maniacal one, but we can never have enough roflmao smileys either. What a Face
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 am

I just sectioned off the public & private forums. If you don't like it let me know & I'll put it back the way it was.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan (Earthmaiden) Fri May 16, 2008 1:25 pm

I really like it Justin, It would be nice to have the instructions on how you achieved that.
Logan (Earthmaiden)

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Fri May 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Yes, I like it too. Nice finishing touch. thumbsup
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Fri May 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Logan wrote:I really like it Justin, It would be nice to have the instructions on how you achieved that.
I simply created the categories (Public Forums & Private Forums) and linked the forums to them. I also set the display mode (packing) to treat categories as headings in display boxes rather than links. I'd love to eliminate them from the link set next to the NewTopic & PostReply buttons in the topics as well, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I also cleaned up some of the forum permissions. We had two forums where guests could "vote" (in a poll), and I figured that was a bad idea.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 17, 2008 12:10 am

Well, yes, obviously it would be a bad idea to allow guest to vote on our polls. Shocked

Earlier, both Logan and I tried to move forums around, but found that those in a subcategory couldn't be moved. It was easy to see how to create a subcategory and put new forums in it, but not how to remove or add existing forums to them. confused
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Passing Sat May 17, 2008 12:19 am

Each forum (and category) has a link to it's "parent" that's specified in a drop down box on the edit screen. I just set them to point to the category I wanted each forum to be in. There's another drop down box that sets the forum's order in the list, and I made sure they reflected the order we've had up until now to keep from creating undue confusion.
Justin Passing
Justin Passing
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 17, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks; knowing where to look makes all the difference. thumbsup
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sat May 17, 2008 9:23 am

in order to get this point across, i ahve to tell a joke:

there were 4 southern belles sitting on the porch of the manse in rocking chairs, drinking mint juleps.....

#1 sez 'my husband loves me so much, he built me this manse!' all the other go 'OoO', except for #4 who sez 'thass nahsss' (that's nice, for those of you who don't speak southern)

#2 sez 'my husband loves me so much, he bought me this big diamond ring!' and holds up her finger to 'OoO', except for #4, who sez 'thass nahss'.

#3 sez, 'my husbin loves me so much, he bought me that mercedes 450 sel out dauh!' 'OoO' , except for #4, who sez 'thass nahss'

some moments pass, then one of the first three sez to #4 'Huhneh, don't yore husbin luv you? whuss he done fer yew?'

#4 pauses a moment, then sez 'my husbin loves me so much, he sent me to chahm skewl to learn to say 'thass nahss', instead uh 'fuck yew'.'

lol!

i would dearly love a smiley with 'fuck yew' under it lol!
reb
reb

Location : next to the women on this board so they know where i'm at

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat May 17, 2008 3:08 pm

OK, Reb, that point seems to have little to do with the preceeding conversation about learning the set ups of admin.

As for that smiley, if you turn on your graphics, you will see that we have a few smileys that comes very close to that. Wink
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2