The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)

3 posters

Go down

RIP George Carlin (1937-2008) Empty RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)

Post by Nucky Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:33 am

Comedian George Carlin has died from heart failure at 5:55 p.m. PDT Sunday at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica. He was 71.
Carlin, who has had several heart attacks and a history of cardiac problems, went into the hospital Sunday afternoon after complaining of heart problems.
Carlin has more than 20 comedy albums, 14 HBO specials, numerous TV and movie roles, and three best-selling books to his credit. Last year, he celebrated his 50th year in show business, and he had just finished his last HBO special in March, "It's Bad for Ya."

My dad wrote the Dodge commercials from about 10 years back where George recited the lyrics to "That's Amore". He said that George was a really nice guy and great to work with.

He, along with Lenny Bruce, is a great hero of mine, not just because he was hilarious, but, more importantly, because of what he did for the sake of free speech and for providing more ways to make us laugh. He was hilarious and made really good points at the same time, and was a breath of fresh air to comedy. He provided greater artistic freedom for the comedians that succeeded them, allowing for more laughter in the world.

Last edited by nuckinfutz on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

RIP George Carlin (1937-2008) Empty Re: RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)

Post by orangeblossom Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:51 am

I didn't know about this. I think he was in Shining Time Station which my son loved when was a toddler. Rest in peace, George.
orangeblossom
orangeblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyNan Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:15 pm

I was there in Milwaukee, WI back in 1972 when he uttered the famous 7 words. Don't ask me what they were because this was an event at the lake front with tons of people and it was hard to hear. Anyway, he was arrested. I've always liked him, he was not only a really good person but I loved the way his mind worked. He'll be missed.
SimplyNan
SimplyNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down