The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies that are just plain awful

2 posters

Go down

Movies that are just plain awful Empty Movies that are just plain awful

Post by Nucky Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Not "so-bad-they're good" movies. Movies that just suck, period.

Yesterday I saw "The Boat That Rocked" (or "Pirate Radio" as it's known in North America.) My god was that awful. The setting of the story takes place between 1966-1967, but music and fashions ranging from the mid-60s to the early 70s are all juxtaposed into the same setting. I know it's fictitious, but still they should try to get the setting correct. At one point in the movie, the Mickey & Sylvia song "Love Is Strange" is incorrectly attributed to The Everly Brothers. Also, some of the characters mysteriously survive impossibly lethal situations without any explanation at all for how it happened. Just incredibly sloppy writing and incredibly stupid.
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Movies that are just plain awful Empty Re: Movies that are just plain awful

Post by melodiccolor Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Mystery 2000 excelled at finding such stinkers. One is the very infamous Gamorah vs Temechie. This was not written tongue in cheek and featured such features as the missing big battle scene where they go off to fight the monster and it cuts to them returning defeated.

The acting, the writing, the whole thing was incredibly painful.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down