The HSP Dimension: Expressions of Highly Sensitive People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you guys like to see more of at this forum?

5 posters

Go down

What would you guys like to see more of at this forum? Empty What would you guys like to see more of at this forum?

Post by Nucky Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Anyone have any ideas on how we can liven things up a bit?
Nucky
Nucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

What would you guys like to see more of at this forum? Empty Re: What would you guys like to see more of at this forum?

Post by melodiccolor Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:53 pm

We do need to grow, so if anyone can think of a way for other hsp's to find us, it would be welcome.

We're small enough that lulls can get rather long and a bit daunting.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

What would you guys like to see more of at this forum? Empty Re: What would you guys like to see more of at this forum?

Post by Safari Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:21 pm

You know, I am finally realising that forums go through quiet spells.....but then they pick up again. OHH has seen more activity lately following a very stagnant patch, maybe after the scare of having it offline for several days, lol. It seems that Dimension is busy when OHH isn't, and vice versa. It goes in waves. But yes, it's good if people can think of ways to liven things up in the meantime. I'm afraid I'm not very good at it, heh.
Safari
Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivershine Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 pm

More chats on Dimension. I miss those.
Rivershine
Rivershine

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Got one coming up on Oct 24th. I didn't schedule one in Sept because my personal schedule was insane. But hopefully, we'll be back to one a month plus unscheduled chats. They do still happen here too.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lm8 Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:49 am

Would be nice to share book, multimedia, video, music, fan fiction and Free, Libre and Open Source software recommendations. It's so hard to find materials that HSPs like since they're more sensitive and have more active mirror neurons. Most recommendations are by non-HSPs for non-HSPs. It would be a lot of fun to share suggestions for these types of resources with people who are much more sensitive to content.
lm8
lm8

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:40 pm

lm8 wrote:Would be nice to share book, multimedia, video, music, fan fiction and Free, Libre and Open Source software recommendations.  It's so hard to find materials that HSPs like since they're more sensitive and have more active mirror neurons.  Most recommendations are by non-HSPs for non-HSPs.  It would be a lot of fun to share suggestions for these types of resources with people who are much more sensitive to content.

Feel free to start a thread on it in either Off the Deep and Shallow End or Bubble Bath. This site is really old now though so it may take time for it to revive. I do know many members here enjoy gaming and so would be quite interested in such a thread. As for tastes in music, books, movies etc. HSP have as wide ranging tastes as those who are not. Our board is full of fan threads from the early days, especially for Dr Who and Star Trek.

Personally I am sensitive to certain types and levels of violence, levels of sound and distortion so I tend to avoid things that have these.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lm8 Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:30 pm

melodiccolor wrote:
Our board is full of fan threads from the early days, especially for Dr Who and Star Trek.

Personally I am sensitive to certain types and levels of violence, levels of sound and distortion so I tend to avoid things that have these.

I used to go to fan fiction conventions and I could never get why they liked all the adult rated fan fiction. I like my stories safe to read for all ages. Wish I could have met some other HSP fan fiction writers at some of those conventions. Would still be fun to meet some.

I tend to mute the sound on my computer, so not a lot of noise when I'm running it or trying out a FLOSS game on it.

Can I do anything to help spread the word and try to let more HSPs know about this forum?

I tried posting something about Software Freedom Day in another post in case anyone's interested in Free, Libre and Open Source software, but it said something about you have to be a member for at least 7 days before you can share a link. So, if anyone's interested, feel free to use your favorite search engine and search for the Software Freedom Day web site and check out the wiki for free online events on September 18th, 2021. I'd love to get some HSPs together to chat about favorite FLOSS programs.
lm8
lm8

Back to top Go down

Post by melodiccolor Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:55 pm

lm8 wrote:
melodiccolor wrote:
Our board is full of fan threads from the early days, especially for Dr Who and Star Trek.

I used to go to fan fiction conventions and I could never get why they liked all the adult rated fan fiction.  I like my stories safe to read for all ages.  Wish I could have met some other HSP fan fiction writers at some of those conventions.  Would still be fun to meet some.  

I tend to mute the sound on my computer, so not a lot of noise when I'm running it or trying out a FLOSS game on it.

Can I do anything to help spread the word and try to let more HSPs know about this forum?

I tried posting something about Software Freedom Day in another post in case anyone's interested in Free, Libre and Open Source software, but it said something about you have to be a member for at least 7 days before you can share a link.  So, if anyone's interested, feel free to use your favorite search engine and search for the Software Freedom Day web site and check out the wiki for free online events on September 18th, 2021.  I'd love to get some HSPs together to chat about favorite FLOSS programs.

I mute all games and sites on mine too, but then put on a relaxing online radio station at very low volumes.

Yes, any help would be most appreciated, like chatting with me in threads, inviting some of your HSP friends over, stuff like that to get this site active once again.

Ah yes, our host put back the 7 day wait to stop spambots and trolls posting malicious links. If any of our old members come on by, several would be interested in the topic.
melodiccolor
melodiccolor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down